Is it ethical to sell - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #11
AbsoluteApril
yes, most super motleys I've seen have the underdeveloped lower jaw or blunt head/bulging eye look to them. I do know someone that has an adult super (I think it's 5 or 6 years old by now?) from the central motley line.

I'm hoping to make some super jungles myself in another 2 years or so, whenever my female is big enough. I've always wanted one since I saw them in the Boa Constrictor Manual. I bought lines that had been outcrossed, so they are 2 generations outcrossed from the founding PK stock and I believe the founding jungle males came from different PK litters but I cannot prove that part. Time will tell if that is enough to make any difference.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #12
bear
I agree they look good and are not deformed, but if we can fix the sterile issue with outcrossing, it is probably not a good idea to breed jungle X jungle for a few more generations. To each his own on that one, but I will not be doing any jungle X jungle breedings. I think Steve Ihrig has a good thing going with breeding his jungles to imported boas.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:06 PM   #13
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I'm hoping to make some super jungles myself in another 2 years or so, whenever my female is big enough. I've always wanted one since I saw them in the Boa Constrictor Manual. I bought lines that had been out crossed, so they are 2 generations out crossed from the founding PK stock and I believe the founding jungle males came from different PK litters but I cannot prove that part. Time will tell if that is enough to make any difference.
I have been looking in heading the same direction. I have information from a very reliable source that tells me there has been some successful super jungle breeding's.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
crotalusadamanteus
I agree with Chris. It is unethical to even produce them, BUT, only if you are aware of their mortality rate. That being said, with so many people buying them with no research into their history, who's to say they are even aware of the problems?

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM   #15
Uluru
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Ignorance is bliss.

Yeah to the people selling them

Old 12-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #16
ShadowAceD
Two female Super Jungles have produced. I cannot recall any names off the top of my head. I know one litter was premature and only one baby survived, the other one, I believe had more, but I cannot say for certain.

It is not the ideal results, but it is results nevertheless.

Also, I agree it is unethical to produce Super Motleys on purpose. The gene does not behave and Supers have shown up without Motley X Motley breedings, but, personally, I'd cull the animals if they did pop up.

While CA Super Motleys have lived longer, they suffer similar issues and are often much smaller and weaker than their counterparts.

That all said ... if, for whatever reason, you feel the need to sell Super Motleys, I do think you should make the buyer aware regardless.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!