ovulating female het albino - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 PM   #12
allreptiles1966
Thats well behaved! Love # 8,his eyes show he is not fearful.Excellent.
I like Rotties,but my wife is kinda scared.LOl loves 80-100lb pits though. ?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
maggie22195
Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Thats well behaved! Love # 8,his eyes show he is not fearful.Excellent.
I like Rotties,but my wife is kinda scared.LOl loves 80-100lb pits though. ?
Haha thanks! She is my baby! I can't even begin to explain how much I love this dog. I still go to school and even being away from her that long is terrible. I am on vacation for 3 weeks right now without her. I don't get to see her until January 5th.. I am just about dying.

Some fears a funny, everybody tells me Chloe looks scary but then they pet her and love on her and the feeling of changing somebody's idea of an incredibly hated breed is the best feeling ever! She is 85 pounds. People think I am nuts to love such "beasts" but she is incredible. She is great with ALL animals and kids of all ages from 2 months old to 10 years old.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 AM   #14
RachelsBoa
Hey Rich! Is that the female you got from me? She's looking good. I have her "sister" breeding with a sunglow this year also. I was told they're not related when I got them, but the same breeder produced them and they're both the same age.

Have you taken the male out yet, or is he still in there with her? I'm just asking because it looks like that might be a pre-ovulation and not the actual ovulation. Happened to me last year and I pulled the male out not realizing the girl didn't ovulate yet and then she gave me slugs. The pre-ovulation is more of a wider swelling and the actual ovulation is taller.

Here is a girl that I don't have anymore. These pictures are all her, 2 different years breeding.

Here, she never actually ovulated, but she gave me a really big pre-ov swell:

It's very wide like the picture of your girl looks.

And here she is the year before with a nice ovulation. You can see how much taller it looks:

Hope this helps. I could be wrong, but your girl looks like the pre-ov and if you take the male out she may slug on you. Best of luck to you!!

Old 12-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
Focal
Wow, those are some serious ovulations.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #16
RachelsBoa
The first 2 pictures, she never had babies because she didn't ovulate (not sure why she never ovulated). The last 2 pictures she did give me a nice litter of 24 healthy babies and no slugs.

Sorry Rich, not meaning to hijack your thread or anything. Just trying to help

Old 12-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #17
lavy&purple retics
Nice rich keep me updated cant wait for my het albino from u...and a sunglow

Old 12-23-2011, 05:45 PM   #18
allreptiles1966
Hi Rachael
No,i have not taken him out! I was told before not to take out too early.I will leave him in there a bit longer and watch.I love when i see the swell.Thanks for looking out and letting me know not to remove too early.
Last year 1 of my boa's had a litter and i never seen an ovulation,but on another one it looked like she had eaten a pig.I'm still learning and take in all info i can.
This girl is a het albino,not the anery het.She will be bred next year if she gets to size with an albino het anery from Dave Colling.
Hi Shawn,
Thanks man and will keep you informed.I'll send you video of sunglows being born.Providing i have any.Knock on wood.
I should have some really nice sunglows again this year.But all sunglows are nice.lol.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
allreptiles1966
So today i went and looked at boa's(as every day) and sure enough my sunglow male is doing his thing..So i'm taking it that she was in the pre ovulating stage as Rachael said.
Thanks Rachael.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #20
RachelsBoa
Sounds good Rich! You should be on your way to some nice babies. Oh, when I asked if that was the girl I sold you, I was totally thinking of a different female I had, oops lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!