MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

I hope your day is full of great moments watching the kids open presents or sitting around the table eating a good meal and laughing.
Happy Holidays to ALL!

Old 12-25-2011, 03:44 PM   #2
snowgyre
Merry Christmas to you too! You should go look for snowy owls, there's two right in your neck of the woods right over in Rotterdam.

http://ebird.org/ebird/map/snoowl1?n...=2011&eyr=2011

Zoom into Albany on that map and you'll see some points pop up for addresses. Snowy Owls perch on the ground, so drive around looking for what seems to be a white garbage bag sitting in the middle of open ground, like a field or large yard, and you'll be set! They were seen as early as day before yesterday, so go grab your binoculars and go!

Old 12-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
allreptiles1966
Thank you Venessa.
I actually hunt and where we hunt there are a couple,dont see often but are big and pretty.
Are you from Rotterdam? I live 2 blocks from the beginning of Rotterdam
I will see if i can find pics on my pc with the one i photographed a couple years ago in Selkirk NY.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
snowgyre
Nope, I'm visiting my folks down in Hurley, about an hour from you (exit 19 on the Thruway). I'll be birding the farms in this area since it's a giant black hole apparently that nobody looks at. Two years ago we found an injured snowy owl in Accord (20 minutes from my house), so it's not impossible for them to be moving through this area too. I'd love to get up to Rotterdam to see the owls but I don't think I'll be able to.

You duck/goose hunt, I presume? I've been wanting to do that for years but have no idea what I'm doing. I can identify all the birds on the wing (even age and sex them), but I've never been out. Inland Georgia suffers from a noticeable dearth of ducks. I've always wanted to get some Canadas but I don't know any private landowners who own enough farmland to make that possible. So, I primarily deer and hog hunt. Got a real nice 9 pointer this year... 16" inside spread.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
allreptiles1966
You take me hog hunting and i'll take you goose hunting.
I have not been duck/goose hunting in 2 years now! My parents moved to Myrtle beach 3 years ago and i am hoping to hog hunt this year coming up.I finally found someone down there that will take me.
I also hunt Turkey,deer,coyote and coy dogs.I used to hunt Coons back as a kid.That was because we could do it at night.
I already talked to my wife and we are going to look around tomorrow for the Snowy owls.
Rich

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!