FRGRASSO Bad guy, sent me a dead caiman, has given no response - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
thenavarro
FRGRASSO Bad guy, sent me a dead caiman, has given no response

I purchased a Dwarf Caiman from FRGRASSO for $150.00 from this thread.original for sale thread

Mr. Grasso shipped the Caiman via USPS Priority Mail despite me asking him to ship it overnight AND offering to pay him $25.00 more additional to do so even though we had agreed to a price of $150.00 and that was to include PROPER shipping.

He sent the caiman in a plastic dish with only a couple of air wedges cut in the dish, surrounded that with newspaper and put no notice on the box that a live animal was enclosed or air holes in the box. Needless to say, when I received the caiman, you could smell the smell of a dead animal already.

He has not responded to any of my subsequent emails or postings. HE IS A BAD SELLER.

His contact information is as follows:

Username FRGRASSO

Business address:
FRGRASSO
13 apple ave.
lackawanna,NY 14218

email address: frgrasso@yahoo.com

Take care and avoid this guy unless you want a dead animal and no money back or no new animal.

Mike Navarro
navarro@flash.net

Old 09-17-2006, 07:25 PM   #2
Salton Sea
Interesting. There is an animal control officer named Fred Grasso in Lackawanna, NY. Coincidence?

Old 09-17-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
thenavarro
Here is a picture of the dismal shipping.

If he is an animal control officer that makes his conduct even more reprehensible. Come on FRGRASSO, step up to the plate and send me my $150.00 back!!

Old 09-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #4
clarinet45
Wow, took me a second to realize what parts were what in that last pic. Poor thing! I'm sorry you are going through this. Hopefully he will come forward. Maybe if that is the same animal control officer we can put some pressure on him from work.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 PM   #5
bsharrah
http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/animalcontrol.htm

I am assuming this is the same guy. The SPCA return address label adds support that the seller in question is the animal control officer in Lackawanna. Interested to know if your caiman was originally someones confiscated or abondoned pet. I am sure his superiors would love to hear that he is shipping caimans USPS Priority Mail.

Bart Sharrah

Old 09-17-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
thenavarro
Bart
Thanks for the link. I will send this thread to his mayor and city council and city manager tomorrow. Thanks.
Mike

Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 AM   #7
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
http://www.ci.lackawanna.ny.us/animalcontrol.htm

I am assuming this is the same guy. The SPCA return address label adds support that the seller in question is the animal control officer in Lackawanna. Interested to know if your caiman was originally someones confiscated or abondoned pet. I am sure his superiors would love to hear that he is shipping caimans USPS Priority Mail.

Bart Sharrah
I think thats probably a correct presumption.
You should find out if it is the one in the same person.

Anyone know the laws about owning,selling and shipping crocodilian in the state of NY?
Wonder if he broke a law or two?

Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 AM   #8
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Wonder if he broke a law or two?
I'm sure there are more, but we can start with illegal shipping of an animal via the United States Postal Service and a clear violation of the Lacey Act.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:12 AM   #9
Cat_72
I get the exact same SPCA address labels in the mail when they are trying to get a donation from me, lol....so that doesn't really mean much, though it is an AWFUL big coincidence that there is an animal control officer by the same name, however....and ANYONE shipping caiman by USPS needs to be dealt with.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 AM   #10
christopher66
Thanks Mike,I'm just not up to speed yet on the law concerning these things.
I figured that shipping was one of them he broke.

Would someone give me the abbreviated version of the Lacey Act.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!