where can i buy mice/rat lab chow/block? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #1
JSUN
where can i buy mice/rat lab chow/block?

Hi,
I am getting a few more hogs and i want to breed mice as feeders.

can anyone tell me where i can buy lab block for mice/rat?

thanks

Old 09-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
DAND
Have you tried any feed stores?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
JSUN
We don't have a feed store at our city.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #4
JSUN
either way, i'll have to use up the seeds food that i bought for them first. they're making such a mess with them tho.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
DAND
They still may with the lab block. When I used it mine would just make bedding out of it more than eating it.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:51 PM   #6
Shadera
I'm sure that no matter where you live, there's someplace close to you where you can go pick up a sack or two at a time of lab block. Try the main pages of the manufacturers (Mazuri, Ziegler, Purina, etc.), and look at their dealer locators. Or grab the nearest yellow pages and start calling and asking. I had a heck of a time finding someone I could get it through since we live in such a rural state, but it beats paying outrageous shipping fees on it to have it delivered. You can also buy it in smaller bags at some of the retail chain pet stores, but the price is stupid high per pound on it.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
Tiger Lilly
You can check out reptile shows, as well. In our area, we have a distributor that goes to the local/semi-local shows, and that saves me a trip.
If you don't have anyone selling feed at the shows, ask some of the dealers at the show.
Good luck!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
JSUN
my friend just pointed out a local petshop that will order me a bag.

thanks for all the help, i really appreciate it.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
Kingetula
Tractor Supply

A feedstore (Make a monthly trip and buy 5 bags (Or how many you need) for the month or 2 months or whatever... Point is, stock up! I buy 5 at a time and that gets me by a month or so... I'm lazy so the less trips the better, damn store is only 5 minutes away lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!