Has this ever happened to you,,? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-22-2003, 06:46 AM   #51
John Apple
What started here as a 'talk' about petco has turned into an 'attack' on character
Seamus might have been a bit hard on the beaver because of his passion for all of us that keep animals [herps], but is he wrong ???? no he is not.
time to romove the chip on shoulders that is blocking your reasoning abilities

Old 04-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #52
KelliH
Apple-

I have no chip on my shoulder but I do feel that those who sell sickly/diseased/dying animals should not be in the reptile business. This includes PetCo or anybody else. Am I wrong? No I am not.

Old 04-22-2003, 07:47 AM   #53
herpcondo
Hey John,,,
he may not be wrong,,,( who knows) but that does not give him the right to attack a woman, over, and over in this post. if anyone has been attacked, it has been Marcia,,, Seamus opened this can of worms, by calling her stupid, and everything else, and I for one am not gonna stand by and let him continue,,, He replied to this thread 12 times,,, and most with an attack on Marcia,,, He needed a reality check, That the rest of us are not gonna stand by and let him continue it.

poor poor Seamus,,,,get his feelings hurt...?

Now I for one am ready to drop this thread, and move on with life,,,

Old 04-22-2003, 09:55 AM   #54
Stardust
Mr. Apple,

"A bit hard on the beaver" What does that mean?

Seamus has gone on record too many times attacking people. Including all and any people who own iguanas (see iguana forum) he has challenged people to debate anything with him and he will come out on top (See BOI, not in that exact wording) and now this. To say his opinion is one thing, to bash is quite another, and in this thread it is deplorable.
Maybe Marcia was right, maybe wrong. She did what she thought was best at the time, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
These questions of Seamus has gone on in my mind as well.
Who is he? What makes him so special? Sure he has some knowledge and his rambling, um, writing gives the appearance of great understanding because he can write so well. What is his education? Experience? Boy, man, young adult, teen?
Where in his background does it give him the right to say what he says to people?
Maybe since this is "SOUND OFF" we can start a who is Seamus thread.
He has made very clear what he thinks of people who own this or that or do this or that, I think turn about is fair play!

Old 04-22-2003, 10:01 AM   #55
herpcondo
Amen Stardust!

Old 04-22-2003, 10:32 AM   #56
Dragondad
John

A little hard on Seamus, well maybe but what I said is only a drop in the bucket of what he has dished out to people on this forum.

Marcia was asked to tell her story, and Seamus couldn't wait to start the personal attacks. How long must one allow a company to continue to kill, through its own lack of caring, reptiles before you choose to do something? She made a choice wrong or right easy to sit back and judge now, but she choose to help the animals.

And far be it from me to jump into Seamus PSYCHIC ability....everything he is saying is based on the verbage that since Marcia did this we will all have jack-booted government investigators at our doors if our permits arent filled out or the bearded dragon is on your shoulder. Come on the crap is deep enough without all of that. His dire predictions of the future are BS. His attacks on Marcia are BS. And since when does Seamus hold the ability to attack at will call names, degrade someone and not be held accountable??

So John being a little hard on the "beaver" hopefully you can explain that?????

Others on this forum have been asked their experience or been called out when they try to be bigger than they really are. I am just asking Seamus what his experience is for based on the things he writes he must have post doctorate degree and 40 years of experience in anything and everything

You know if supporting Seamus is the Apples way I would rather go the Highway......

Hey Joe time to share one of those frosty mugs care to join me??

Old 04-22-2003, 11:20 AM   #57
herpcondo
Michael,,, i am with ya on this one man,,,,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others on this forum have been asked their experience or been called out when they try to be bigger than they really are. I am just asking Seamus what his experience is for based on the things he writes he must have post doctorate degree and 40 years of experience in anything and everything

You know if supporting Seamus is the Apples way I would rather go the Highway......

Hey Joe time to share one of those frosty mugs care to join me??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(quote by dragondad)

Lets here the explaination of the "beaver" comment also.

Seamus we are all tired of your BS . you have gone on for way to long with the name calling, and all your BS! You don't know everything( though i think you think you do), and your arrogance
is old! you are entitled to your opinion.. and your ideas.. but just because someone doesn't agree don't call them stupid, and label them as peta lovers. And oh yeah iguanas are reptiles too..

Hey Michael,,,, time for the mug!

A toast to reptiles, and all the enjoyment they bring us.

Old 04-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #58
John Apple
OK
let me address the 'beaver' comment...Do you all remember the show 'Leave it to beaver' Remember June cleaver saying 'gee Ward don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night' incidentally nothing perverse was meant there.
I was referring to Seamus being a bit hard on Marcia, her methods for doing what she did 'could ' and I say could have repercussions on the pet trade in general.
let me ask you all this do you want someone [with athority] coming into your house [going on hearsay from perhaps a neighbor or some one you ticked off] and raiding your whole collection because they said it was un sanitory or they said you have protected animals?????????????????
I think Marcia felt she did what she had to do as did Seamus are eigthor of them wrong??? some say yes and some say no
Now you are all doing exactly what you all were mad at Seamus for yup shor nuff
It seamed Seamus said what he said for 'good intentions' granted he was a bit hard on the beaver but who isn't when they are mad
As far as Apples way or the Highway... I am Apple if you don't like it hit the road. Go ahead and attack my character I am 100% honest and speak my mind within the guidlines of the Fauna site
peace

Old 04-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #59
Stardust
I know you were talking about the show, but one never knows.... hence the question to clarify.
A bit harsh? Very good lesson in what an understatement is. Attacking Seamus? I think not. Just asking some questions. Is questioning an attack? Did I attack his charector?
No I did not, I did not stoop to the level he was on when he wrote this and various other posts. Some times people just get fed up with the holier than thou attitude, and I for one am one of those people. I in fact praised his ability to write. He can write, though impressed at the beginning, it is getting old now. Getting to the point would be a nice thing to read from him. But perhaps he would not appear as intelligent that way??? Don't know.
I do NOT think that what Marcia did is going to send my to close my blinds and lock my doors because the animal police are coming my way.
Like I said hindsight, we as reptile owners can not cower and hide either because Lord forbid if we make a wave. There are a lot of responsible owners out there, people who try to educate, people who try to save the poor animal being abused, people who rescue AND people who speak out against companies that are not treating their animals right. Not of this makes for PETA. It makes for a whole lot of caring people trying in their own way to protect these great animals, what ever animals they may be. No need for name calling here, constructive critisism yes, anger and mayhem no.
Do you understand John? Do you understand that we are all people and do not deserve the abuse some here likes to dole out? I hope so.

Old 04-22-2003, 12:28 PM   #60
Stardust
By the way John, this is not the BOI, it is SOUND OFF, that is what I am doing, even if it strays some, I am still within my guidelines too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!