A.N.G. Pets and Exotics - Disgusting! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:20 AM   #21
omni
Woah! That guy got kinda pissed, I thought to have a lil fun, never thought I'd get a reply, let alone 3! I was sarcastic and probably out of line, but you'll see the type of guy he is, and now I really don't feel bad at sending an ornery msg through KS. Lemme paste the emails I got. I'm only showing brief headers for ease of reading, but have the really long full headers. My orig. msg is in Blue, his typing is in Red:

From: "a.n.g. pets" <chevypwrwess@hotmail.com> Add Mobile Alert
To: XXX@XXX.XXX
Subject: RE: Message about: EYELESS RED TAIL BOA DOING GREAT
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:57:11 -0600
what a straight moron. u must be off fauna er somethin. did u barter wth the pimp when u bought yer wife? this is proof of all the wonderfull attention this guy brings.. adds to his value. thanks ill add this to my ad rt now. go look. no bullshit yer addy n all. go look.

> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:28:31 -0600
> To: yer momma> Subject: Message about: EYELESS RED TAIL BOA DOING GREAT
> From: XXX@XXX.XXX
>
> *************
> NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
> *************
>
> Hi, interested in adopting the eyeless RTB...
> Pretty much should be free to a good home. I don't have any boas (I keep corns) and no chance he'll be bred if I own him.
> Thanks, if you decide to drop the price to $free + shipping (as is the moral thing to do, and not a deformity-exploiting scumbag move, I'll be happy to take him. $800!?!?! your kidding, right? Oh, sorry, you must've typoed and meant $80 shipped.. my bad lol

>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
> http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=570737&cat=8
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.
> This person may or may not be who they say they are.
> The return address they provide may or may not be their correct address.
>
> Sent 11:28 PM, Feb 14th, 2008 from I.P. Address 76.244.147.96/adsl-76-244-147-96.dsl.akrnoh.sbcglobal.net

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:01:44 -0600
ok i added it. go look, yoour ip address is in it too. thanks fer your support n retardation

Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:02:49 -0600
n e more help is greatly appriciated. thank you

I did go check out the listing to see what he changed, but by the time I got there it was pulled. My apologies to herpers everywhere for my taunt at him, but I tried somewhat to be civil (nothing too profane I thought) and still make a point. I wonder if KS will hate me now for being abusive.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:31 AM   #22
richardduckworth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
That is a ridiculous (foolish?) comparison. There is a no correlation between humans and their desire to have children.....and the fact that we, as humans, are capable of contemplating and making the choice whether or not to have children....and the case of someone purposely breeding genetically unsound animals, who obviously can make no choice nor distinction for themselves....for a profit.

That's not even comparing apples to oranges, its more like......apples to elephants.
if people quit buying those animals, how much money would they make?

blame the people who are facilitating this all, the buyers. without a demand, no one would have a supply.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #23
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardduckworth
if people quit buying those animals, how much money would they make?

blame the people who are facilitating this all, the buyers. without a demand, no one would have a supply.
Turn it around....if no one were offering them, no one would be buying them. It's ultimately the seller's choice whether to offer the animal for sale, cull it, or keep it/give it away as a pet where you know that it will not be bred. Greed is a strong motivator, I suppose....

And just because someone might actually be stupid enough to pay a bunch of money for a defective animal, it doesn't make it right, nor something that should be ignored.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #24
ravensgait
Well this wont go over well but,, I can remember someone running an add on KS and other places last year Looking for oddities such as this IE 2 headed ETC ETC

Now I can't agree with the guy lying and misrepresenting himself here and though I can't say that I personally agree with selling this animal I can't condemn him for doing what he wants with his own animal as long as it isn't being abused.. Randy

Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 PM   #25
addsdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileguy71
...and 1 question...how do u cull a smake? by not using spell check?
cull (kŭl) Pronunciation Key
tr.v. culled, cull·ing, culls

To pick out from others; select.
To gather; collect.
To remove rejected members or parts from (a herd, for example).

n. Something picked out from others, especially something rejected because of inferior quality.

That's how you do it.

Seth Haussler

Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #26
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
Well this wont go over well but,, I can remember someone running an add on KS and other places last year Looking for oddities such as this IE 2 headed ETC ETC

Now I can't agree with the guy lying and misrepresenting himself here and though I can't say that I personally agree with selling this animal I can't condemn him for doing what he wants with his own animal as long as it isn't being abused.. Randy
I disagree, I think the animal should not be for sale, it is handicapped for life, to profit from this animal's affliction is wrong in my book. I can just see the nose rubs starting now from the lack of sight. I can also see new eyeless lines of boas being started on the market, just like the no-eyed turtles being sold as special morphs. These animals have no sight and cannot live a normal happy life. So how is life for these animals not abuse? Of course my morals might be higher than others, but that is just my opinion.

As for the seller, well he needs this thread and he is far from an honest seller. JMHO.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #27
Wilomn
I'd be happy to go with you having DIFFERENT morals Bobby, I don't know as I'd go with HIGHER.

Just because the guy disagrees with you doesn't make him wrong.

Are you going to extrapolate that to humans too? What's the real difference between a boa born with no eyes and a person? I've never been blind for more than a few seconds. I can't really imagine what it's like to have never seen. But, I have known people who have NEVER seen anything and they seemed reasonably happy.

If the snake is taken care of, who's to say it isn't happy? We simply can't know.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #28
Wilomn
You know what's irritating? Hitting new posts, going to a post, responding to what you think is the last post in a thread that you've read, hitting new posts again and finding out that the last time you hit new posts you missed about 15 posts.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Sort of makes my last post less than what I wanted it to be.

Oh well.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #29
AncientDNA
Has anyone seen George's latest add?

Only $500 now.
He seems to be getting a real kick out of all the publicity too...
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #30
ravensgait
Bobby why did you have to bring our morals into it?? I didn't expect agreement with my post but to bring in morals !!

Hey I'd be willing to bet that every person posting in this thread does something everyday that is thought to be morally wrong by someone else. Drinking coffee, eating pork or take your pick of most anything we do and someone will find it morally reprehensible.

Hell have a litter of puppies these days and need to cull one or more for any number of reasons and you'll piss some folks off and you may find your vet is even unwilling to do it for you. I don't think they were asking how to Cull A Snake but How to Cull A Smake..

Now if this guys sells this eyeless animal and the buyer receives it only to find it has eyes and was misrepresented then it belongs here.

Hey I can't say I like the idea but it is his right to do what he wants with his animal, let the pissing and moaning continue lol..Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!