Bad Guy LLL reptiles Escondido CA. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Tony C
I tend to agree with Scott on this one, you had the chance to look at the animals before you purchased them, and apparently they looked good enough to your expert eye that you were comfortable with the transaction. A week is plenty of time to kill a Jackson's, I don't think LLL has any liability to you. That being said, I bet they will make some sort of concession to you if you contact them and speak politely, as I said before their service has always been the absolute best in my experience.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Moonstone
LLL Reptiles is a 5 star operation. I go to them for all my supplies, recomend them on my website, and have purchased live and sold them stock, and have never had a problem. Considering the number of tranactions they do at shows and their stores (I have been there and they are great), the number of complaints are inconsequential. The customer service is first rate. If you are following all this, have no fear and do not hesitate to buy from them.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #13
LLLReptile
I do believe Hugo & I have figured out a fair solution. Thanks guys, and again, Happy Holidays to everyone here.

Don't forget to check out NoSnakeBan.com. Act now to protect our reptile community!

Scott Wesley
LLLReptile & Supply

Old 12-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #14
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by boastonila View Post
Funny how they dont hand you a guarantee in writing at shows or have a written document posted up, i didnt know there was a website with all their guidelines i went to the show looking for a healthy pair of chameleons ,healthy forsale not maybe our animals are ill heck we dont know give it a try see how long they survive good bye. I keep and have kept every snake and lizard that is legally obtainable in the U.S., working in pet stores and breeding my self in my backyard i have been very happy caring for herps since 1987. I am pretty sure i know what i am doing with chameleons among other reptiles.
That's a pretty bold statement.

You might be the only person to have done this.

Either that or you are a liar.

I vote #2

Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
garweft
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLReptile View Post
I do believe Hugo & I have figured out a fair solution. Thanks guys, and again, Happy Holidays to everyone here.

Don't forget to check out NoSnakeBan.com. Act now to protect our reptile community!

Scott Wesley
LLLReptile & Supply
Sounds to me like you are being nicer than you need to be about the situation in order to please a customer. It's nice to know that I order my supplies from someone who knows what good customer service is.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #16
wiredonline
Sounds like beginner's luck here? Or bad luck... I guess.

It is an unfortunate situation none-the-less.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #17
JG1153
Quote:
Originally Posted by boastonila View Post
Funny how they dont hand you a guarantee in writing at shows or have a written document posted up, i didnt know there was a website with all their guidelines i went to the show looking for a healthy pair of chameleons ,healthy forsale not maybe our animals are ill heck we dont know give it a try see how long they survive good bye. I keep and have kept every snake and lizard that is legally obtainable in the U.S., working in pet stores and breeding my self in my backyard i have been very happy caring for herps since 1987. I am pretty sure i know what i am doing with chameleons among other reptiles.

Simply owning animals for the past X number of years doesn’t necessarily make you an expert or even knowledgeable on the subject. Last time I checked you don’t have to have a Zoology degree or Zoological experience to own any of these animals, just some cash. Yes you could have owned animals for all this time but by the same token they could have all died on you due to lack of knowledge. Just because you’ve owned other types of Chams and you’ve done well with them that doesn’t make you an expert with all Chams. I’m sorry buddy but that’s a highly fallacious way of thinking.

If you watched it wither away over the course of the week and you have so much expertise wouldn’t that expertise have told you at the very least that it was time for a vet visit if not perhaps being able to determine the cause of the problem yourself and perhaps rectifying the situation and preventing the death of the animal since you have all this experience and all right? Why wasn’t LLL notified prior to the animals death again since you saw the animals condition deteriorate?

Sorry but you brought this here so quit trying to avoid the simple and very important question of how you handled the husbandry for these animals

Arguing that the other animal is doing well really doesn’t prove anything. Because technically it’s doing well for the time being. Anyone whose supposedly kept animals for as long as you claim to have is surely aware that every individual animal is a little different even within members of the same species so it very well could be that the male was simply not as able to take the stress of being kept improperly but the female might be more resilient to such circumstances.

Ultimately I don’t think a bad guy thread is really warranted given the amount of time that has passed since you obtained the animals and the sensitive nature of the animals in question not to mention that calling someone a bad guy and stating that they provided you with sick animals usually needs to be followed by some sort of supporting evidence that something was wrong with the animals begin with but there’s no vet report, no pictures, and you did have a chance to inspect these animals in person (again here’s where your supposed expertise would have come into play) not to mention that you have tried to wiggle your way out of explaining your husbandry techniques when it comes to these animals with this whole “how dare you question my expertise” load of manure post, which is crucial to this whole situation.

Given the fact that LLL is willing to work something out for you with this sketchy at best situation is a clear sign that the Bad Guy title isn't deserved.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
KingBowser
I agree. You're going to have to do better than that if you're going to come on the BOI and slam a pretty well respected business in the herp community.

This story sounds very fishy and this guy sounds very young and inexperienced.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
Balls&BoasbyBall.
I myself have purchased 5 animals from LLL in the last year and a half, and all of them but one was very healthy and is still doing very well. The one that didn't do well however, was replaced as I talked to them right away about the possible problems. I'll also say that the customer service in this process was great. One of their employees by the name of Nate Evans and their manager of the Oceanside store really went above and beyond to help me out on more then one occasion.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #20
bcherps
To BoastoNila;

I know you were probably making a generalization but to quote:"I keep and have kept every snake and lizard that is legally obtainable in the U.S.,"

If that is true I am paying a finders fee of $500 to anyone that puts me in contact with anyone that can sell me Pytas carinata-not elaphe carinata or pytas korros but Pytas carinata.

As far as I know there is only one individual animal in the U.S. that is alive and I know who owns it.

thanks
ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!