Leopard Tortoise Juvenal - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 09-25-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
MScottCR
Leopard Tortoise Juvenal

----SOLD----

I’m selling my beautiful almost 7 inch leopard tortoise. Possible male. Hatched in June 2014 and weights over 750 grams already. Very solid and healthy with a perfectly smooth shell. I have put a lot of time and care into this animal but unfortunately I need to make room for other projects. Price is $300 + shipping for this stunner. mscottcr@hotmail.com

- Michael
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 09-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #2
michiganice91
That's a 1 year old? How is that even possible....

Old 09-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
MScottCR
I raise my torts in a 'closed chamber' hot and humid and give daily soaks. I got this one as a 35 gram hatchling that was bred and started by the TFO members Yvonne G and Will. They really know what they are doing when it comes to starting hatchlings.
  Contact User Check User
Old 09-25-2015, 06:42 PM   #4
tctpa523
That's super impressive. You should write a caresheet... amazing growth...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Old 09-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #5
ianedward1
Geez I thought mine had some good growth rate being about 10" after 3 years. I had mine for a few months before the humidity thing really started popping up on the forums though, so I still have a little bit of raising on the scutes. Beautiful tort though. If I had the space I would definitely want it.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:26 PM   #6
michiganice91
Quote:
Originally Posted by MScottCR View Post
I raise my torts in a 'closed chamber' hot and humid and give daily soaks. I got this one as a 35 gram hatchling that was bred and started by the TFO members Yvonne G and Will. They really know what they are doing when it comes to starting hatchlings.
That's crazy. I have a couple 4 year olds that are not as big as this guy. They're not pyramided but they certainly haven't grown 1/10th as fast as this guy. You attribute this dramatic difference to humidity alone? If so, I find that pretty fascinating. I've given up on all pardalis due to high proneness to disease. It's cool to hear other people's husbandry though.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:05 PM   #7
MScottCR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctpa523 View Post
That's super impressive. You should write a caresheet... amazing growth...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Thanks... I just started a blog site to try and share my personal experience with my Leos... http://leopardtortoises.com/
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!