Bad Guy Brock Shue -Herpking1720 Bad ethics - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 AM   #61
hhmoore
I can't say I wholly agree with you taking them to the vet, if he is buying them back from you (since he gave them to you in that condition). Odds are that you'll pay more for the vet visit than you did for the dragons. While I applaud the action as the best thing for the animal, I think you should sort out what's going on with Brock before making the appointment. Why? Simple - if he's refunding your money (buying them back, as he puts it), why should you pay for his animals to receive veterinary care? IF you do take them to the vet, you should be allowed to keep them AND Brock should still issue a full refund as compensation for the treatment you have to pay for (because he sent sub par animals).

Old 09-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #62
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshcosta56 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good reptile vet in my area? Although I believe it should be Brock's responsibility as he was responsible for giving me the bearded in this condition, I can see that he is not responsible nor mature and I will have to step up for the good of the animal.
A friend of mine works here: West Geauga vet hospital in Chesterland. 440-729-9584.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 AM   #63
joshcosta56
Thanks for all the advice and help guys. I'll be attempting to contact Brock today.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #64
DAND
Quote:
He then texts me saying quote, "So if I should do the right thing and buy the animals back will I get my rep back? If I lose my reputation I will NOT purchase them back".
The only chance you have at starting to rebuild any semblance of a reputation is for you to purchase the animals back. I will tell you that the asinine infantile second part of the above quoted text is one hell of a hole to dig out from.

Rest assured if you do not purchase them back I will be sure to inform as many people in the area of who you are, of this thread and the way in which you conduct business and the lack of care for the animals in your charge.

Since you thought you'd be a tough guy and decided to threaten me with physical violence and thought you would achieve something from doing so (other then gaining my attention and getting yourself banned ) you were sadly mistaken. Believe me when I say you do not want to be the center of my attention. I will pass out your picture to all the local bearded dragon breeders / sellers and pics of the animals posted here as well as the sagging / folding skinned one you have posted on your Facebook profile. Hell, maybe I'll even forward a link to this thread to all your Facebook friends too since I'm such a bully. (Hmm, seems I don't take getting threatened very well.)

I have zero tolerance for people like you who take advantage others by selling them sub par animals, who lie and excuse their way out of the hole they themselves dug themselves into and blame everyone else for their situation and who cause animals harm by ignorance, carelessness or just plain laziness.

But hey, it's entirely up to you. You can either man up and start fixing your reputation or continue to shoot yourself in the foot. The ball is in your court.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #65
Will0W783
DAND, Josh is the OP of the thread- the guy who was sold the beardies. Brock Shue (who has not chimed in on this thread) is the one who sold Josh the injured/sick beardies.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:46 PM   #66
Will0W783
My bad- meant to say Brock had not chimed in that post....Brock has indeed been making his voice heard on this thread. *grimaces*

Old 09-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #67
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will0W783 View Post
My bad- meant to say Brock had not chimed in that post....Brock has indeed been making his voice heard on this thread. *grimaces*
Brock currently can't reply due to getting banned. I quoted and was replying to the text Josh posted from Brock. (no matter how I write that I am getting confused )

Old 09-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #68
oh2012
Quote:
Listen Brent, I told your brother that I was displeased with the beardies and I asked him if he would consider a partial refund. I asked for this partial refund because even though I made the mistake of not looking at them, that does not make right his wrong of hiding all of the various injuries and defects of these animals. I believe as a buyer I deserve some reparation for the bad quality of the beardies that were falsely advertised on fauna. The ad he posted was FAR from what arrived, and people who don't represent their animals with honesty are only out to make money, because it is obvious that these animals were poorly cared for and Brock needed someone to pawn them off on. And Brent, you can stop lying about their good condition, its a bit overkill.

I did contact Brock first and from the very start I told him I wouldn't post this thread stating my experience in dealing with him if he made his wrong right. But what did he do? He declined and said a deals a deal. So I felt it was necessary for me to post this thread not for my own satisfaction, but for the good of the reptile community because in general, people don't like dealing with people who are irresponsible for their animals and who are dishonest in advertising their animals. And I myself would want to be warned of people who do bad business, so I feel it's my duty to report my bad experience and the members of fauna can imply their own opinions.

Anyhow the thread continues and you state you will purchase them back after a couple people call you out for selling me lemons (no fense to the beardies, they're still beautiful creatures, I simply am stating I was given a "lemon" in the eyes of collectors (the market)). So the thread goes on, and fauna continues to comment, and Brock achieved a bad rep. He then texts me saying quote, "So if I should do the right thing and buy the animals back will I get my rep back? If I lose my reputation I will NOT purchase them back". Brock the fact is your rep is bad because you portrayed bad business with a current trade with me and I called you out on it. Fauna has obviously agreed that you have done wrong, and instead of just cutting your losses short by doing the right thing and conducting good business, you have instead chosen to act childish and deny my refund because "everybody hates you now". Throughout this thread you have given the members of the reptile community even more reason to put you on their bad guy list.

The members of fauna see how immature and irresponsible you have treated our situation. If you want to go back on your word and not buy the beardies back, that's fine just don't expect to do business with a lot of respected members of the reptile community. Nobody likes doing business with someone who lies about their animals, has no integrity, acts immature, and even goes as far as threatening to physically harm others over the internet.

And Bill I have not taken her into the vet. Can anyone recommend a good reptile vet in my area? Although I believe it should be Brock's responsibility as he was responsible for giving me the bearded in this condition, I can see that he is not responsible nor mature and I will have to step up for the good of the animal.
Ok josh listen I understand you were displeased however I find it funny that the animals were delivered to you you even looked them over and faunas gonna see how our situation was handled the animals were sold to you not any one else was involved

Old 09-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #69
joshcosta56
"Ok josh listen I understand you were displeased however I find it funny that the animals were delivered to you you even looked them over and faunas gonna see how our situation was handled the animals were sold to you not any one else was involved"

Fauna will see how it was poorly handled by you~ and that was my point of making this thread. It is everyone's business, it's the reptile business, and others should be warned of how you handle business. Anyway hope I see you at the show this coming Sunday, I'll have the beardies with me and I'm expecting that you purchase them back. Like DAND said you will not be spoken very highly of if you don't. It's your call.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 AM   #70
DAND
I'm guessing that you haven't heard from Brock (or his spokes-sibling) confirming or denying he'll be there. I guess a lack of communication can be added to his growing list of things that need to be worked on in order to rebuild any semblance of a reputation. Believe me when I say that acting like a child covering it's eyes hoping this will go away is not going to work. Just because you sprouted curly hairs it doesn't mean you are a man. If you don't have your word, you don't have anything and you might as well be a Ken doll. But hey, if that's the way you want to be thought of then by all means continue on the path you are on.

If you had a lick of sense, you would have contacted Josh and told him that you were sorry and that you would meet him and purchase them back as you had previously committed. Then you could have asked him to stop posting on this thread until after they were purchased back. Then he could have reported back that you followed through with your commitment and in a month people would be like, Brock who? Short of you being dyslexic, the manner in which you are trying to make a name for yourself is rather bass ackwards and asinine.

You may think I am being a hard ass but in reality I am only trying to help you, Josh and the animals. While I'm not the hold your hand type, I will point you in the right direction. If your goal is to truly regain your reputation then I think you know what you need to do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!