Bad Guy WARNING- MINDY FOSTER, (MindyFoster1126)- SCAMMER!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #1
Get Sum
WARNING- MINDY FOSTER, (MindyFoster1126)- SCAMMER!!

This is a Warning to those currently selling animals! Mindy Foster is a scammer. She has been contacting several other sellers including myself attempting to initiate a trade. Below is a list of the following animals she has been offering:

0.1 Vanilla Cream 1100 grams
0.1 Firefly 1000 grams
0.1 Crystal 500 grams
0.1 Ivory 900 grams

other animals she mentioned: Jigsaw, Mojave, Chocolate Mojave, 1.2 Bumblebees.

She comes out being super nice stating she will ship first, Then she changes things up asking to have just (1) of the animals shipped to her the same day because it is her Nephew's Birthday and really wants to give it to him on his birthday.

Red Flags I Have found:
1. When she sent pictures of animals, some were in aquariums, some were in rack tubs. Some were on Aspen, others were on Paper and others were on Cypress.
2. She claims not to have a paypal account (long excuse)
3. She said she brings animals directly to FedEx to have them shipped out rather then shipping through SYR or Reptiles Express.
4. The research I found regarding the shipping address she gave me ended up being a vacant apartment unit. (AND) There is a neighbor (2) units down with the same last name???

She is offering up ridiculous trade deals to entice a transaction (Her 1100 gram Vanilla Cream female for my 100 gram champagne male).

Watch out for her, She is from Bristol, TN in case she changes her name and re-joins under another account.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
LauraB
Would you post any other info you may have? IE, phone number, email addy, the street address she gave you.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
Get Sum
Additional Info

Laura, I only posted this to help warn others. My only loss is (my time) in the countless emails and text back and forth. Mindy has contacted me via email since I have posted this feeding me with...what I believe to be false information....
I have asked her for (3) days to send me (1) picture containing all of the animals she had promised to send me (4) females (all together in the same tub/ tank) to prove that she even owns these animals. If I do not receive this photo by 8:00 PM. I will go into further details.
The main reason why I posted this as a Bad guy/gal thread is for the fact that she offered the same animals she had promised me (in our original trade agreement) to (2) other individuals after the fact.
I hate scammers...period! There is no place for it in this industry. Scammers ultimately make potential customers weary of making purchases, which has an overall negative impact on everything we do.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #4
Jeagleston91
Mindy Foster also tried to make a trade with me, her Crystal male for my Mystic male. She said she would only do it if we shipped at the same time..I considered it for a second then realized that it was probably a scam. I told her that if she sent first, then I would send mine after. I didn't pursue her, she responded to MY ad. She said how could she trust me if I didn't trust her? One thing she failed to realize was that you have to put trust into ANY person that you are buying a product from. Sellers only ship product AFTER payment is received. Her phone number is 423-742-6449

Old 05-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #5
Jeagleston91
Also, her email is mf112602@gmail.com or mf112602@yahoo.com. She didn't give me an address, each time I asked her for it so that I could determine shipping prices she avoided answering me.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
LauraB
I'm glad you did post this warning, Jason. I see that she's also posting a second, different phone number than the one Jessica has provided.
Attached Images

Old 05-27-2014, 09:21 PM   #7
Get Sum
Mindy Foster

Here are some of the details. I will try to keep this short and sweet! Mindy Foster first contacted me via PM on Friday 5/23 asking if I would be interested in possibly trading for several sub adult females. I first asked her what she was interested in of mine and that I very rarely ever do trades. She wanted a Champagne male and possibly a pastel champagne male and offered a 1000 gram Firefly female and a 1100 gram Vanilla Cream female.

My next reply stated, "Why would you want to trade those girls for (2) baby males of considerably less value"? I told her that if we did a trade, it would be fair...I then listed several of my animals with pictures to choose from. She then offered additional females including a 900 gram Ivory female, a 500 gram Crystal female and a male Enchi Lithium. after (41) emails back and forth, Yes (41)...we decided that I would give her 1.0 Champagne, 1.0 Pastel Butter Yellow Belly, 1.0 Puma and 0.1 Butter Calico for her (4) females listed above.

I explained that since she was new and had 0 history that I could confirm, that she would have to ship out first and that I would ship out the same day I received her animals which was planned for (Wednesday) 5/28. On Sunday she had asked if I could just ship one of them out early (prior to receiving her animals because it was her Nephews B-Day and she wanted to give him a male. I said sure, but she would have to pay for shipping. I told her to send $40 via paypal to my account...she replied that she didn't have paypal and would send cash with the other snakes. (Attempting to be nice, I said fine...Just send me (1) picture of all the animals together in the same photo (I was now thinking this was a scam and that she probably didn't have any of the animals). She replied that she was out of town and was unable to do so prior till Tuesday.

I then started doing some research on her. The address she gave me (apartment #85) showed up as vacant. However (apartment #83) had someone listed with the same last name: Debra Foster. I then sent PM's to a few people (some of which I already know) that had visited her Fauna account, asking if they had done any business with Mindy? I received (3) replies back...All were similar stories..(Except she told one guy that it was her husbands B-Day on the 28th, not her Nephew) and another (2) claimed that she had offered them the Crystal female on Sunday as trade, when she had already committed the Crystal to me on our trade agreement that was finalized on Saturday, (the day before). One guy mentioned that she offered (4) females to him just for his Enchi Lithium male...So I assume this was the same Enchi Lithium that she offered me on Saturday. The only problem is that she never followed through on the trade so she was offering me n animal she never had.

This is when I posted this BOI thread, though I was not ripped off, I felt that it was necessary to post and warn others about her. I have been a member here for (6) years, I have a great reputation with my customers and this is the very first BOI tread I have started. I believe anyone in my shoes could paint the picture to see what was truly going on here.

Regarding Mindy Foster's personal information, Her phone number is (423) 742-6449. I don't feel comfortable listing her full address, but it is off of Bethel Drive in Bristol, TN

Last but not least, She mentioned to me that she use to ship through SYR (When I had asked for the tracking number in advance) She said that she would not be able to get the tracking information because she would rather go directly to FedEx and ship them out...I don't even think that is legal! Furthermore, she told me she would ship them out first thing Tuesday morning (as soon as FedEx opened) so I would get them faster.... Yes, I corrected her and gave her a little lesson on how shipping worked. But, you would think she would know this since he shipped animals before, Right?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
Dennis Hultman
Bristol Tennessee only has a population of 23,000.

What is the likelihood of two new users from Bristol TN having the same type of problems in such a short period of time?

Nothing concrete but
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=464858

Old 05-28-2014, 12:52 AM   #9
Shiari
I have to ask, why is this:

Quote:
3. She said she brings animals directly to FedEx to have them shipped out rather then shipping through SYR or Reptiles Express.
a red flag? You can be licensed to ship reptiles through fed-ex. I have had plenty of snakes shipped to me through fed-ex, using the breeder's licensed account.

The rest is sketchy as all hell, that's for certain!

Old 05-28-2014, 12:56 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Sum View Post
I then sent PM's to a few people (some of which I already know) that had visited her Fauna account, asking if they had done any business with Mindy? I received (3) replies back...All were similar stories..(Except she told one guy that it was her husbands B-Day on the 28th, not her Nephew) and another (2) claimed that she had offered them the Crystal female on Sunday as trade, when she had already committed the Crystal to me on our trade agreement that was finalized on Saturday, (the day before). One guy mentioned that she offered (4) females to him just for his Enchi Lithium male...So I assume this was the same Enchi Lithium that she offered me on Saturday. The only problem is that she never followed through on the trade so she was offering me n animal she never had.
Please identify the people that gave you this information (anonymous third party quotation is not acceptable on the BOI)
Quote:
She said that she would not be able to get the tracking information because she would rather go directly to FedEx and ship them out...I don't even think that is legal! ?
Of course it is legal...but one still gets tracking information for labels filled out by hand; and, per FedEx policy, one must obtain a special waiver to ship reptiles - it isn't difficult, but it takes a little time. SYR is relatively new as a shipping option...and I believe you were around before them - have you forgotten so soon. (Nevermind, I think you used to have Ben ship for you)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!