Gathering around the T-Rex Trough . . . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-27-2004, 10:17 PM   #1
Monte
Gathering around the T-Rex Trough . . .

A trio at feeing time - pigging out on Crested Gecko Diet MRP.

Scrump-dilliicious . . . .
Attached Images

Old 11-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
progeckos
Nice picture

So do crested geckos go for that Crested Gecko Diet MRP real well? I’m seriously thinking about getting some these guys. . . . . .

Old 11-28-2004, 12:03 AM   #3
Monte
Yes they do . . .

. . . even when I've purchased cresteds from guys who feed crix - I just feed the CGdiet or the GGdiet and they will eat it eventually and thrive.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:18 AM   #4
progeckos
Ok, that’s cool.

Another question… I’ve noticed that people feed their cresties CG diet and/or gargoyle gecko diet. Why is this? Thanks.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:23 AM   #5
Monte
More protein . . .

Gargoyle diet has more protein.

Guys I really respect feed only GGD to their cresties - some feed Juvies and gravid females GGD.

I've done both and don't notice that much of a difference. I feed juvies GGDiet this year - but have fed strictly CG diet to juvies as well.

I'm a trusting sort - so I tend to follow label directions. Allen Repashy has his poop in a group, so I will tend to do what he recommends.

Old 11-28-2004, 12:33 AM   #6
progeckos
Thanks

I guess they are made for two separate geckos but if someone has experience we listen.

Old 11-28-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
robin d.
Quote:
""When cows laugh, does milk come out of their nose?"
No! of course not! It shoots out their utters....

cody, the cresteds and gargoyles really do like it. I mix my GGD with fruit baby food and i also alternate and feed crickets but thats just me. I find that baby cresties and aurics get a better start on crickets and then i introduce the GGD a few feedings later..... i also suppliment with calcium and sometimes herptivite... especially since i mix my GGD with baby food... i also give them a bit of honey, they love that!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!