Shipment to ALASKA! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Leopard Geckos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 01:29 PM   #1
geckossupreme
Question Shipment to ALASKA!

Hello everyone,

I need to send a male to Alaska...

I send all my geckos, Next Day Air with UPS.

It's first time I'm sending a Leo to Alaska. Temperatures are around Hi 41, Lo 21. I successfully send once to NY with temperatures under 20F (two 40hrs heat packs); but its first time I'm sending a gecko that far away under this temperatures.

I need some suggestions should I, wait for warmer temperatures, or include one more heat pack, or use FEDEX instead UPS.

Thanks a lot everyone.

PD: Cody, this post will help you too. I will send you the answers to your e-mails.

Christian Monahan
GeckosSupreme
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-30-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
The Reptile House
I will not ship under those temps no matter where it is going. Do you have an account to where you can ship to Alaska or that you can ship internationally?
Putting another heat pack in will only do harm to the leo. To much heat can also cause nerve damage and death. I had a person wanting me to ship to Canada but there was no way to do so overnight and the cost was way extreem to do so as well. Would this shipment also require cities and export liscenses?? Not sure on that. Good luck, Shanell.

Old 03-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
bushpilot
Shipment to Alaska

Just to let you guys know, I live in Alaska and received a female Ball Python out of California last week. They shipped her Fed Ex overnight with three heat packs and she came through with flying colors.

As far as geckos, I can't tell you. I will tell you that right now it is a little colder than last week, with temps warming to the mid 40's by next week. It got really cold last night, down to around 12 degrees here in the valley where I live. Anchorage wasn't as cold, but I would hold off for a couple weeks. We're getting almost 14 hours of sunlight now, so it should be ok in a couple weeks. Good luck.

Paul

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread