Good Guy CCSB RESCUE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
SteaphonDeWEESE
CCSB RESCUE

I am seeing a posting on Craig's list all up and down the Eastern Seaboard for CCSB reptile rescue. Stating that they are not reselling their animals. When I visit reptile shows, they are clearly selling for large prices, not just homing or otherwise. Now, I don't live with them 24 7 and what I have seen is limited to several shows, but if you are a Carolina rescue group and you are all up and down the Eastern Seaboard taking in thousands of dollars for animals that were donated to them because they area a "Rescue", We as a community of caring individuals are concerned that this supposed rescue is living up to its proposed standards and the "Rescued animals are getting the proper care they deserve". Thanks for your time.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
SteaphonDeWEESE
And again...

I am not saying anything bad about CCSB at all. Please don't take this that way at all. I am just sick and tired of all of the post and fighting on Craig's List and would like this settled once and for all. I know of people that have given him animals and say he is a good guy. I have met him myself and his wife myself. I just thought this would settle this once and for all for everyone. I also know that even being a rescue you have to get rid of your animals and you have to "home them" to cover the fees for feeding and such and we all know that is expensive. Please don't take anything I have said out of context in any way. I just want all of the bickering on CL to stop about all of this mess. So is he a rescue or not?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
Lucille
I think you may need to reformat your first post.

As far as bickering on CL, it goes on all the time isn't going to stop. Has anyone specific complained that they were scammed in any way by this group?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
Swansonbb
CCSB

I acquired a 1500 gram female normal BP from Chad on Monday night and I've been to his facility. The animals are well kept and cared for and the rehoming fees are just that - it is definitely not a sales organization. The fee for my new female BP was $25 -well below market. I look forward to continuing to work with Chad & Cristina in the future. I'll email him the link to this post. I'd encourage anyone with questions to reach out and contact him - he's a very friendly guy.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
ccsbreptilerescue
We hear at Ccsb reptile rescue & rehab center do not need to worry about jealous cry babies that just want to complain because they aren't getting there way on craigslist. As large as we are and as well known as we are i certainly do not have to justify myself for tempermental children that dont get there way. However just to clear up the the little comment below we have never and will never adopt out any animals at a reptile show for one they want allow us to sell animals and you can check with them repticon.com oh and if the person is going to be stupid enough to say we are somewhere else atleast make sure wehave been there we set up in NORTH CAROLINA and SOUTH CAROLINA only again check repticon.com. And if anyone wants to check our credentials they are welcome to contact us and we will give the many government and state agencies contacts we work with already oh and we seize animals for these agencies also and by the way we have FEDERAL and STATE and ENDANGERED SPECIES LICENSE so go on back and cry to mommy cause again you aren't getting your way. Alteast if you are going to lie make sure you can come up with one that can't be disproved in a moment by many contacts. Now for anyone that needs to know something make sure you go to the proper source and that does not have to be us just to be clear jut dont be stupid enough to get your info from a craigslist reject. Oh and by the way we we still would like to extend our thanks to our craigslist secret admirer for there help with more traffic on our website. Come visit us @ ccsbreptilerescue.webs.com call us at 336 749 3250 or connect with us on facebook I hope this clears up any questions anyone has God Bless:

Old 11-14-2012, 11:32 AM   #6
SteaphonDeWEESE
Good to know

To clear all up. why not post your full credientials on CL for everyone to see along with documentation showing that these agencies have indeed released animals to you. I for one have met CCSB as stated and liked them very much. I am just sick of seeing all the hub bub on CL and wish you would make it clear that you are legit to all concerned. I even know someone that recently released snakes to you and he says that you do good work. I am not trying to down you here, I am trying to help. Keep that in mind.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
SteaphonDeWEESE
I hope...

I hope that you are now downing me sir. Again I was trying to help. May I make some observations. Calling people Lazy and crybabies makes you look most unprofessional. Perhaps a better choosing of wording would be more appropriate in your responses. And again, your reluctance to provide the information only will inflame the already begging questions. I do hope you a good day and a good life. Again I was only trying to help you not get all the grief you were getting on CL to begin with. I for one never flag anyone on CL as I believe to each his own. What you do Is none of my business. If someone puts a Macaw online for 1k, they must have a reason, if not interested, then look somewhere else, as well if you put something on line for a price, who's business is that? Have a glorious day.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsbreptilerescue View Post
Because again i dont need to justify myself if anyone wants to know about this rescue then they can do the research themselves unless there to lazy which most are.
This thread is your first introduction on this site. I have no connection to either party, but posting of credentials seems a reasonable request. If you prefer, for some reason, not to respond, perhaps not responding might have been a better choice than calling potential interested parties 'lazy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsbreptilerescue View Post
We hear at Ccsb reptile rescue & rehab center do not need to worry about jealous cry babies that just want to complain because they aren't getting there way on craigslist.
Again, this thread is your intro here and hundreds of people or more may read this thread. A more mature approach may have made for a better introduction.

So far, there has been little in the way of facts and outlining issues, and more in the way of mudslinging. How each party responds has a lot to do with how people view them, and ultimately, establishing their reputation.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #9
SteaphonDeWEESE
There were several Allegatiions but they were just that. Most of it was just crying as they were spamming every city on the east cost on CL. But really... Who Cares?

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteaphonDeWEESE View Post
There were several Allegatiions but they were just that. Most of it was just crying as they were spamming every city on the east cost on CL. But really... Who Cares?
I care. If they claim to work with government agencies, people may entrust them with endangered species. Their refusal to post proof of proper credentials may mean that they do not have those credentials, which might mean those entrusted critters are used for commercial purposes instead of finding their way into protected reserves and other places created for such critters.