Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM   #162
AddictedToBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
I did notify Yvonne (boachick17) of Ashley's accusation regarding her snakes, and made the recommendation she discontinue sales, and breeding and get some tests run.

As far as notifying everyone Ashley has sold snakes to, that's going to be very difficult. She's had snakes at shows, traded snakes through shows, sold on CL, had friends' snakes in her collection, sold on various internet forums....
There was even mentions of a couple of arrangements to do breeding loans.
I have no idea if any breeding loans have actually taken place, or how many snakes have sold.

I can pretty much itemize when snakes have come in and out since she popped up online in 2008 and started accumulating snakes on average of about 2-3month. They came from various sources from reputable breeders to CL "specials", shows, "snake sitting" friend's snakes.. There's no way to tell WHERE any illness, parasites or mites would have come in, or gone out.
If she can't notify them personally she needs to post something on her website about it at the absolute least. She should post warnings on each of the sites she frequents and sells on as well and get ahold of those personally that she still has the e-mail addresses of. It'll be relatively easy for her to contact people whose snakes she cared for and who she loaned snakes to if she has. It'll be a lot of work for sure but it is the responsible thing to do, it is the RIGHT thing to do.

She needs to do everything she can to make up for her selfish actions and hopefully keep this from blowing up in her face in the worst possible way if it turns out IBD is in her collection. If these snakes that she sold are infected the people that own them need to get them away from the rest of their collection and hope that it isn't too late.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #163
AddictedToBoas
I can't believe that... After all this?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #164
amercnwmn
AGREED

Old 12-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #165
hboyles66
!!! She really needs to at least update her web page and post something about her possible infection. That is what a good breeder or collector would do if they where responsible.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:30 AM   #166
Elizabethlea27
Ashley Caspillo IBD

Hi, I feel it's time I enter this thread. My name is Elizabeth lea Vos, and Ashley sold me two '10 Bolivian boas just before this whole issue came to light. About a week after they were shipped to my house, I saw information in regards to IBD in Ashley's collection. Before that I was not aware of the incident, AT ALL, and if I had been I would not have bought her snakes.

I trusted Ashley completely at the time this first came to light, so much so that I was completely on her side, in PM's and in public. However as a few days passed and I read fauna threads and got more factual information, I realized I was in deep water with my snakes, and there was no getting out. I cannot know if my snakes have IBD, I will have the ones she sent me tested (blood tests) in January, and if they come back clear they will have liver biopsies. I also closed my collection as soon as I heard the word IBD, no matter what I felt about Ashley - I have abandoned plans I had to buy a pair of hog islands next year, and all future breeding plans. I have young boas, so it's not like I had imminent projects, but it is still wrecking my every day functioning as I have no idea if they are going to need to be put down or not, and that breaks my heart. I try not to get mad at Ashley acting like it is business as usual on RTB.net while I have no idea what the future is for my boas, but there is nothing I can do.

Here is a pm from me to Ashley sent once I realized things were really not right, and her response...

There was this was said by Ashley the other day on RTB.net, showing that she is not really taking things seriously IMO, and still planning on collecting?? My plans are to hope my snakes don't die in the next two years, not plan what I can buy.

http://www.redtailboa.net/forums/gia...tml#post867085

"that is the NICEST jungle tic I have ever seen. WOW! gimme like 6 years and I should have some "

This is my first post on fauna and the BOI, I hope I've done everything up to standard, and if I have not please let me know how to fix it.

I want you to know I realize I am wrecking any future reputation I could have tried to protect by hiding away, taking my losses, letting the fiasco fade, and not posting. But this whole situation deserves serious attention IMO, and if I can never breed because of IBD, then that has already been determined..

Thanks for listening.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #167
hboyles66
I am sorry to hear about this. I sincerly hope your collection is ok. Also I did read where Ashly said the BCA boas where is a diifferent room. She has said this before and was found to be false. It was pointed out that she had quarantine the BCL boa while she had pics proving otherwise. She should have told you about the IBD case straight up front and then explained herself. She is still unwilling to take any resposibilty for possibly spreading IBD to others and IMO that is just not good buisness. More contradictions on Ashley's part which is not helping her case at all. She looks very bad after what she has said to you. I hope all stay away from her for awhile.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #168
Elizabethlea27
Thank you very much. In her snake room video, the baby bolivians are clearly shown housed in a rack near older snakes, even in the same area as the female BCL who was around when the male BCL dies of IBD. Correct me if I'm wrong..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EKSMDPOU3w

Also it shocks me that "200ish" snakes have had contact with hers since the IBD incident? (from the PM she sent me I just posted)

Old 12-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #169
Elizabethlea27
I wish I could edit posts - just wanted to add that the het albinos that were also in her possession when the BCL died are in the rack next to the baby Bolivians in that video. So.. needless to say I am in no great mood these days.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #170
sally-dog
I'm the "RayRay" mentioned in that PM and I guess I'm one of those "mean" people. If we are all "mean" for speaking out against someone who is selling animals that may or may not be carrying a serious virus, especially one that is suspected to lie dormant in animals, then I would rather be "mean"!

I sure hope all of these animals test clear! And by test clear, I mean the initial tests AND follow up testing. That could take years! If that were done in the first place, we would not have to be "mean" and would never have said anything and would have gone on our merry ways. I can't speak for Courtney (who started this thread) or Adrya, but I'm sure they would agree.

What I am truly wondering if Ashley realizes the potential danger of having an animal test positive for IBD in her collection or if she is hoping all of this will blow over and people will just forget? I guess we will all find out come January or whenever she posts proof of the test results.

This is not about that one animal testing positive, it's about the fact that Ashley is moving animals in and out of her collection after that fact. Animals have died in her collection since then but the one other necropsy posted seems not to show that animal was tested for IBD.

Could we be totally paranoid? Perhaps, but it's better to err on the side of caution to suffer the consequences later. And I believe it's better to be vocal about how someone's practices might be detrimental to animals and hurting someone's peace of mind (and pocketbook), in the case of Elizabeth. She is a perfect example of how this type of behavior can affect a persons well being. I would rather know what's going on with my animals from a qualified veterinarian rather than just take someone else's word for it.

For anyone that has frequented RTB.net in the last 2 years, and have seen Ashley's posts, this is the kind of thing you pray doesn't happen but it doesn't surprise you when it does.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd