Bad Guy William Gangemi (at repticon) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-02-2018, 03:55 PM   #11
Lucille
I re-read my post and want to state that since I (and most of us) don't know any of the parties, proof is important. Dickson I'm sure you got some paperwork with your vet visit, please post it, the BOI encourages evidence. It would certainly make a difference.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:08 PM   #12
Gangemiw
I have offered replacement animals to both parties. That’s more then fair. I have dealt with huge numbers of skinks and believe me I would never have an emaciated blue tongue on my table not to mention I have only ever even encountered but one skinny blue tongue. They basically are fat garbage disposals. That being said someone taking there animal to a vet them giving it injections and worming medicine and god only knows what else makes me not interested in replacing the animal. That essentially sounds like “voiding” it’s warranty. Because as we all know most quack vets will dose reptiles with baytril and causes kidney failure. Last but not least, all animals at the show are vet checked. If any seem sick or lethargic they are not allowed to be sold and are not cleared by the vet. Thanks, sorry for all this but this is the reality of this situation.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:38 PM   #13
Chris Kennard
I smell a rat, maybe two. If you're at a reptile expo, chances are, you know the routine. You're no "newbie". Even if you are, you showed up with someone experienced. Thus who directed you to this site? Hmmm.

Old 02-02-2018, 10:44 PM   #14
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangemiw View Post
I have offered replacement animals to both parties. That’s more then fair. I have dealt with huge numbers of skinks and believe me I would never have an emaciated blue tongue on my table not to mention I have only ever even encountered but one skinny blue tongue. They basically are fat garbage disposals. That being said someone taking there animal to a vet them giving it injections and worming medicine and god only knows what else makes me not interested in replacing the animal. That essentially sounds like “voiding” it’s warranty. Because as we all know most quack vets will dose reptiles with baytril and causes kidney failure. Last but not least, all animals at the show are vet checked. If any seem sick or lethargic they are not allowed to be sold and are not cleared by the vet. Thanks, sorry for all this but this is the reality of this situation.
Nothing you said here absolves you of wrongdoing. Same can be said of your accusers. At this point, I trust them less.

Old 02-03-2018, 02:06 AM   #15
BlueCrowned
Quote:
Wait hold on. Taking an animal to the vet... is BAD? What planet are you living on?

Old 02-03-2018, 06:21 AM   #16
Lucille
Quote:
That being said someone taking there animal to a vet them giving it injections and worming medicine and god only knows what else makes me not interested in replacing the animal. That essentially sounds like “voiding” it’s warranty. Because as we all know most quack vets will dose reptiles with baytril and causes kidney failure. Last but not least, all animals at the show are vet checked. If any seem sick or lethargic they are not allowed to be sold and are not cleared by the vet. Thanks, sorry for all this but this is the reality of this situation.
William that is silly. So far there has been no proof offered yet you are already trying to smear the reputations of most vets while at the same time trying to shield yourself from liability by saying that the critters at the expo are vet checked. You can't have your cake and eat it too, if you think vets are quacks then you can't use their services at the expo as evidence that the expo critters are healthy.

I suggest that those saying they have bought sick critters from William provide evidence such as vet receipts, pictures, emails to and from William, etc.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:38 AM   #17
JimM
LOL .... people get called out here all the time on not taking an animal to a vet and now in this instance , doing so it 'voids the warranty'. LOL

Old 02-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #18
JimM
Lydia and Dickson ... if you guys are new to herps do yourselves a big favor and in the future seek out a breeder of the animal you're interested in. Buying a captive bred animal will eliminate 90% of the problems you'd have with a WC one. Instead of buying from someone who deals in everything from everywhere, find someone with animals they produced themselves or at least were captive bred. It will take a little longer to get what you want but avoiding impulse buys of WC animals at shows can often blow up in your face.

If there was a problem, a serious breeder would be more than willing to fix a problem since most are more into the animals and customer service than just making a profit.

Old 02-04-2018, 12:35 AM   #19
Snake-Queen
Quote:
That is hilarious! Taking a sick animal to the vet voids any warranty.

Also, I've vended in Atlanta, the vet check you speak of is a joke. The vet basically scans the tables and if nothing is obviously dead, you get a pass.
So, that is not a defense for selling 2 BTS at the same show that have died or supposedly have died.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #20
bklynsfinest312
Two people two dead skinks from one show. Doesn't look good.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!