Baby Leo Broken leg... need some info - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-22-2004, 02:07 PM   #1
VipVenom
Question Baby Leo Broken leg... need some info

I am breeding leopard geckos right now. I have one hatchling that is 3weeks old that all of a sudden had a broken leg. I tryed supporting the leg with a small splint but the small size makes it near impossible to do anything.

Does anyone have any answers as to how the leg was broken or a way to help it heal properly?

I give calcium suppliment regularly and this leopard gecko was housed seperatly from any other hatchling. Also there is no heavy cage furniture for him to get hurt on.

thanks,
Chris

Old 04-22-2004, 07:11 PM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
OMG!!!

I have no idea how it could have happened unless it was trying to escape and got it's leg caught somehow! Is there any way you could at least immobilize the baby for awhile?

Old 04-24-2004, 06:40 AM   #3
abubbae
keep on keepin on

what can you do? you choose to do this. these are your actions. fix it if there is a problem.
concerned.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
24rocks
My Lepord gecko

I Just noticed not to long ago that my Gecko has a puffy front leg. Is that a sign that it is broken or what

Old 03-02-2007, 09:00 PM   #5
24rocks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Gate Geckos
I have no idea how it could have happened unless it was trying to escape and got it's leg caught somehow! Is there any way you could at least immobilize the baby for awhile?
If your Gecko was trying to escape it is probably because he got scared. Just to be sure, i would make sure that i have a Glass Gage and screen top to make sure that he wouldn't escape again that way he or she won't suffer any more injuries

Old 03-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Leighanne
There is a way to immobilize this baby. I would put it in a small rubbermaid for now to limit its moving on that leg. You can also give it a big enough tupperware hide with a hole in the top and a dry paper towel to lye in.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #7
geckogrl6
Believe it or not, I had this happen as well. Unfortunately, it entails a vet visit. My baby was a couple months old at the time, so he was a little bigger, but the vet did immobolize the joint with some funky doctor skin glue stuff. It went on liquid, and dried stiff so the "elbow" joint couldn't move. Mine was in with other babies, but the vet attributed it to a claw catch on the paper towel combined with running full speed for whatever silly reason the little guy had. He did heal just fine, and his growth did not seem to be affected (do leos have growth plates?) Anyway, the stuff stayed on, and the vet I think put some dissolving stuff on it at the follow up. I do recall that he had some trouble shedding the next time, but no permanent affects.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:53 AM   #8
Cat_72
It's really nice of y'all to try to be helpful ....but since the post was made in 2004, it's probably long healed by now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!