Steven Baker of SC Bad News!!! HELP - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #131
reptiledealer
Wanted this Highlighted
[/b]We do not ship cod unless you are a repeat high volume customer. We have had a 98% success rate and have fun doing it, unfortunately all it takes is one bad apple and TOS's become necessary

Old 04-30-2007, 08:58 PM   #132
NuGs4DaVe
hey my real name is david vallez thats what my paypal is and im not from compton im from texas. i thought it was like myspace i could just change it whenever. haha yeah im on myspace dont judge me. im going to call that number right now!!!! thank you

Old 04-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #133
NuGs4DaVe
so yeah i just got off the phone with shannon. she said her comp has been down for a month since she had the baby. she also told me she would send my box turtle out tomorrow. so we will see. i know its only 50 bucks and not nearly worth yall's stuff but still. thats one hour of overtime i had to work for that 50 bucks. we'll see if i get it on wedsday..

Old 04-30-2007, 09:50 PM   #134
reptiledealer
David

David, if she does send and you call back to say that you received the animal, which I will be very surprised if you do get it. Please mention my name and ask why Shannon is still hiding Steve BAKER and when he is going to return my stolen money.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #135
reptiledealer
Update

Update, I heard that Steve and his partner Shannon are still up to no good. I never got my $780 back and Steve Baker and his wife Shannon are lier's and thieves.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:23 PM   #136
TankFabricator
a little advice for "dealers" that think they can run a business

I'm rather shocked by the actions of these so-called "dealer's", and many others judged by the boi who actually claim to have a animal business of some sort. Im not actually even shocked that they've skrewed people out of there money or sold some near death herps for oober high prices. There are many horrible people in the world, and I'm sure there will be plenty more to join the herp community in the future. No worries, we out-number them! However, what I am shocked about is the severe(and i mean SEVERE) lack of intellegence in regards to dealing with business. One of the MOST important factors of business is the rule of one. It only takes ONE person, complaint or wrong move to totally destroy a business. All complaints or problems will bring you down unless resolved. Most selfish people do a outstounding jobs of watching there own backs. Its baffling that these people are not jumping at the chance to fix problems and save their asses. By the way, when saving your own butt... never bring up family or children. They might get confused for crutch when you're losing a fight. If you don't have the capacity or know-how to run a business in this or any other industry, then please consider completely new ventures elswhere. And in the future please all people in your industry with honesty. Trust me, you will benefit from it.

Oh, and I'm not to sure why some of you victims still want your money back. I understand the value of having $780, but consider the caliber of people you're dealing with(criminals and crooks). Theft, fraud, etc... where do you think your money will be coming from. Some shady characters get into the "exotic animal trade" simply to launder their dirty money. Call me old fashined, but I don't not want any dirty money getting sent to me. I'm not saying thats what anyones doing, but consider what the people you are dealing with have already shown you what they capable of. Someone or something(hopefully no more animals) will have to pay for the victims to get their money and sadly enough, that money usually never comes out of the criminals honest pay.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #137
natimus56
Holy Crap! I just finished reading all of this info, and did a little research of my own...

anyone still interested in knowing where he is?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #138
pcrooker
Lots of questions...

I originally was intending to send an update on a guyanan RTB I purchased from Steve in March/April of 2006. The email I had for him was no longer active so I thought that I would search for him, which was when I found this BOI thread. My purpose of looking for him was to update him on the Guyanan I had purchased from ReptileAuctions.com. It was a great bargain for a captive bread snake at $80. In fact, I often have joked that I got the snake by accident as no one would ever really sell a CB Guyanan for so cheap. I have to say, I got the snake, no problem. He was hissy at first... Steve couldn't provide info about hatch date or an eating history, but I had already commited to buying him (he also didn't know the sex). My purpose for writing tonight was to tell him that Max (said snake) was doing great! He is now over 6ft, a fantastic member of my family, and to send pictures. When my email came back with an error, I thought I would do a google search.. which was when I found this BOI thread.

My main issue is that my snake was not infact CB but WC. Although this may be inconsequential to some, I find it very disturbing. I purposely was interested in finding a CB snake. One original poster claimed that he was selling WC snakes to Steve, which I find abhorable. And it devastates me that this is probably how I came about procuring my snake.

The other very troubling issue is that my snake may have been stolen then sold to me. The posts that I have read speak of a "robbery" but don't clearly outline when this happened. Close as I can figure is that this "repticon" theft happened in summer of 2006. I got my snake from Steve in March/April of 2006. I do not assume that his snakes are CB, as I have said, however I am hoping that my snake was not part of the snake burglary that has been spoken of.

If he is one of the "stolen" snakes, I can tell you that he has been well cared for. If he is actually a WC snake - my heart is breaking. Because no matter what I do to make sure he is happy it is not worth taking him from the world that he was meant to live in...

I hope that if Steve is guilty of all the things that people have accuse him of that he can experience the loss that my snake has if he was taken from his home.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:53 PM   #139
HHIarboreals
tatoos

hi im new to all this but started reading your thread today. I feel fro ya and would really like to see you get some closure. These two are some really low down people and should pay. the real reason i am writing you is that i checked thier web site and was wondering if you knew if this steve guy had any tat's. As i have seven i know how they can be used to identify some one. if you look at the forsale pics the guy holding the first ball has a full sleve on his left arm, can you get in touch with any one who knew him personally, they would be ably to tell if he had a tat like the one in the pic? Just thought i would let ya know.

Chris Grassi

Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #140
reptiledealer
Steven Baker Still A SCAMER-6 years later still owes money~

Hi all this is Chris Godino also previously registered as reptileboy1122. I wanted to let everyone know that although 6 years later I have still kept up on the return of my $800 from Steven Baker. In the last few months I discovered Steve on Facebook. It turns out him and his scammer wife Shannon are back at it again and are selling reptiles as it shows via the Face Book posts and pages they have. I sent private messages to Steven on Face Book only to have him again say of course he knows he owes me and will get me a check out once things are better. Well its 6 years and he has still not returned me back the $800 he stole from out of my pocket. I will get this money back eventually, even if this does not aid in the return of my money. At least my thread comes up again at the top, teaching everyone not to buy from Steve or Shannon and hurting his pathetic business.

Thank You

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!