Grrrrrrr.... they HAVE to pop soon (Picture Heavy!) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
kmrkvicka
Grrrrrrr.... they HAVE to pop soon (Picture Heavy!)

So... like most of you, this year has just been weird... none of my girls did any typical post ov sheds, or normal ovulations, so I have NO idea when their due dates are, only that they are VERY VERY gravid. I luckily invested in a fetal doppler, so I do know that they are gravid, and have heard the gentle "whoosh, whoosh" of baby snakes through their sides... man was that a trip!!!! Here are the three that I think are closest to popping. Here's the catch, also... I leave for a vacation to Maui on the 22nd till the 30th... bets on if they all go as soon as I leave?????

Sydney was bred LeRoux

Soon to be mama, Sydney is a Lipstick Line Albino

Dad is LeRoux a Hypo, Possible Jungle, 66% het Albino. This guy rarely sits still, so these pictures are pretty lame, sorry

And the two of them doing the dirty:

Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
kmrkvicka
Sydney as of a few days ago:

Next up would be Athena, who was bred to Tye

Soon to be mama is my Athena (one of my first snakes, first loves, my gorgeous big normal)

Dad is Tye, who was bred by Jimi Reed of JimiSnakes. Tye is a Salmon Pastel, and is still young, but boy did he know what to do!!! LOL

Old 05-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #3
kmrkvicka

And... here they are doing the nasty... again, he's a small guy, and she's a HUGE girl, so it was pretty comical.. LOL

and I think this is when Athena was ovulating:

and Athena the other day:

Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
kmrkvicka
And the last of the three closest to popping (unless another one surprises me) is Janet who was bred to Brad

Janet is a Triple het (Hypo, het for albino and anery)

Dad, Brad, is an Albino Motley, 50% het Anery (although bred by Phil Pruden to the same female last year, he did not prove out Anery)

Unfortunately, I don't have any copulation pictures... I know they're somewhere on my computer, lol... I'm just on savy enough to find them quickly.

Here's Janet as of a few days ago

Old 05-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #5
kmrkvicka

So... now that there is a clear path in the snake room carpet where I've paced in front of their boaphiles, I'm ready to start tearing my hair out, one hair at a time.... Seriously... it's time to have some babies, and before I go to Maui!!!! Maybe for mothers day???

Old 05-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
Heart and Soul Reptiles
lol, doesn't that just drive you crazy? Evanna, my orangetail, dropped her litter when I was sick with the stomache flu last week. I was so happy, but felt like crap at the same time! lol

Old 05-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #7
StrictlyExotics
You know they are gonna be born right smack in the middle of your vacation woman!

Old 05-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
those are some sweet pairings and those females look great (ie, full o' babies!)
Those ladies are gonna wait and drop the day after you leave just to drive you crazy
(no, no I hope they wait until you get home, I just know boas, they always drive us crazy!!) lol
Tye is a handsome fella, I always get a kick out of watching a lil boa guy take on a 'big bertha'
Good luck Katie!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
kmrkvicka
Dean (and everyone else) Sydney dropped her babies this morning, LOL!!! I'm in Maui till Sunday.....................

Old 05-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
What, nooooo! I wanna see pics, like now Katie, come on
lol
Congrats!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!