Summertime eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
hhmoore
Summertime eggs

This wasn't planned to be a big season for me....but it's turning out better than expected, and might not be over yet. I got a 2 egg clutch that I didn't have much hope for which hatched 2 nice black pewters; 6 eggs from another girl - I peeked yesterday, and there appear to be a few nice babies (I didn't see any normals, but there were one or two I couldn't see much of). 3 girls were bred regularly by their respective males, but never slowed down on feeding. One girl was bred quite a bit, stopped feeding, but doesn't appear gravid. Those four could still happen...and, if they don't, I'm going to be pairing them with those same males.
There was one that caught me by surprise, though. This girl goes off feed when it gets hot in my room - which it does in the summer (I finally broke down and put an air conditioner in there this year, but I don't try to keep it particularly cool). She went off for about 2 months last summer, and she stopped feeding around the same time this year. I'd had her with a male, briefly; but he was small, and didn't seem at all interested. A few weeks ago, I moved her to another rack, and took a good look at her. She looks gravid, I thought...then shrugged that idea off as wishful thinking. A week or so later, I decided that I was right after all. The little fella must have gotten frisky and scored big...either that, or she was going to drop infertile eggs. 5 eggs in her tub this morning. Not the prettiest things, but 4 of them have pretty good veins. The fifth is probably a dud, but it's in the incubator, too.
A lot of talk, and no pictures. Doesn't that just figure??

Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
hhmoore
Of course, now I'm looking at my enchi, yellowbelly, and lesser girls wondering if they might pull through (lesser to one enchi, yellowbelly to another, enchi to both). Of course, then there's the pied girl...I had my super mojave with her. I only witnessed copulation twice, but I was more hopeful about that than I was this other girl.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
hhmoore
The girl that laid eggs today?
Say it with me, now......
K E E P E R B E E

The sire? Well, he always was a shy little fella...but when I first got him, I said he was a blast and a half.

So now I wait. I've been out of spider mode for a while; but a killer spinner would be okay, I think. If not, I wouldn't cry over a killer blast. Those are probably the only two I would consider keeping from that clutch. Well, I might hold onto a super pastel if I liked the pattern...just to see if it inherits Keeper's color.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
3 girls were bred regularly by their respective males, but never slowed down on feeding. One girl was bred quite a bit, stopped feeding, but doesn't appear gravid. Those four could still happen...and, if they don't, I'm going to be pairing them with those same males.
Yeah, I know...I need to buy an ultrasound.
I've tried palpating, but never felt anything. It could be that there was nothing to feel, but I have no qualms about saying I'm no good at palpating. I use an ultrasound periodically, so I could probably figure that out without too much trouble.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
bkelley02
Congrats Harald. Hope the rest go for you too!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
snakesRkewl
Oh no you don't, that bees has spots and I know you're inability to see past those lil spots.
I'll pm you my address so we can get that spotted up bee out of your sight!

Seriously though, congrats on the hot lil bee girl(?).

Old 08-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
hhmoore
You're right...I certainly wouldn't have paid good money for her, for just that reason. Luckily, I produced her - she was my first bee, because my original lemon line male wouldn't breed until he was 4 yrs old (so I purchased a very yellow, but very busy patterned make pastel to do the job. He had great color; but I couldn't stand looking at him, so off he went). If she didn't keep her color, I would have sold her a long time ago. I've since produced cleaner bees, but none that matched her in coloration.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Bumble Boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Yeah, I know...I need to buy an ultrasound.
I've tried palpating, but never felt anything. It could be that there was nothing to feel, but I have no qualms about saying I'm no good at palpating. I use an ultrasound periodically, so I could probably figure that out without too much trouble.
Its weird some of females that i have i can palpate and feel every single follicle and others i couldnt feel anything when i was pairing them but ovulated and all i can do is scratch my head. Some females go by the book and some dont lol but i hope you hit a super spinner blast they look nice but would look even better from that female bee you have she is out of this world.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!