"What do you see in this picture?" - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-04-2005, 03:45 AM   #21
hhmoore
that is the pic from the ad, so yes, it is actually for sale

Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 AM   #22
LakesideBoas
Things that make you go...

Hmmmmmmm.

I did not notice an ad like that here, but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough as I have no need for a Dumi at this time.

Please say it isn't here!

Care to post a link???

Old 11-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #23
LakesideBoas
Hate to be a party pooper...

But I must sleep at some point! I will post my findings, from my very own PC (once my daughter has vacated it--rotten wench!) in the morning.

Anyone who has any doubts as to the authenticity of this photo will be astonished by the findings, I am sure.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:40 AM   #24
South Dixie Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas
Just all around messed up in my book.

I did not notice an ad like that here, but perhaps I haven't looked hard enough as I have no need for a Dumi at this time.

Please say it isn't here!

Care to post a link???
Maggie you are right on with your observations..especially with the "cloning"
Exactly..the whole thing looks so fake it is not even funny..Like Dennis H said, it looks like a dead snake "touched up"

Yes, This animal is actually for sale..No, it is not on Fauna..
I will provide a link PROVIDING that everyone is in an agreement that this looks like a bogus photo and a possible attempted scam. I feel that I (we) should be fair to the seller regarding this photo..
I have contacted the seller with no reply. Also visited their website to find a bad email address and phone number was removed. I don't want to see anyone get ripped off..that was my main concern. I did not buy this photo for a second. If need be, the seller can come here and explain...
I am posting a picture with circled areas to examine..think of it as a "Where's Waldo" book..
Harald is actually the the one that pointed this out to me..I missed it at first. I gave up LSD and the other drugs I did back in the late 80's , therefore my mind is not as focused as it once was, ....sadly
Harald, help me out here..
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #25
YJHB
You know what, there's also a sheen to the right of the missing part of the tail (as it crosses the back) that isn't present to the left of the tail.
The snake looks like somebody took a paintbrush to it after it died, and the textures of the photo change across the photo. Look at it this way - if someone actually produced a Dumi that looked like that, why would they even have to advertise it? With animals like this one is trying to be, you call a large scale breeder and they'll pay whatever it takes to get an exceptional foundation animal.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #26
hhmoore
fun stuff in here

I'm attaching another photo with things circled in yellow to make them more visible. THere are a lot of things going on here - the most obvious is whatever is going on with the tail. Then when I looked again, I started seeing things that just didn't belong...some, like the baby face that I highlighted earlier, might just be pattern abnormalities. Others - if they are really on the snake - would compel me to buy it, or run screaming from the hobby. It appears to have some images imposed (see below): top left - the baby face that was shown earlier...maybe just a pattern thing. next one to the right - some (demonic face) thing that interrupts the pattern and outer border of the snake - looks superimposed. far right - this one looks like a bad piece of tattoo clip art with some sort of red caption under it - just a weird spot? And my favorite, bottom left - I've never seen a snake with an image like that in the pattern. Funny thing is, I would almost swear that I've seen it before. There are alot of other things in there - funky pattern shifts and weird blurs, not to mention all the things you think you see when you start to look. When Michele sent me the pic, and I started seeing all these images, I figured I was just waaaay overtired, until she saw them, and I showed them to other people and they saw them (without my prompting). I'm sure there are some technical issues, but I have never played with photoshop, and might not recognize them for what they are...I just enjoyed looking for the pictures in the picture, lol (sadly, after I got a few hours of sleep, some of what I initially saw was nowhere near as clear)

Old 11-04-2005, 11:21 AM   #27
hhmoore
hint - now that they've been pointed out, enlarge the image or scroll up to the one Paul posted earlier and look again

Old 11-04-2005, 11:43 AM   #28
South Dixie Dragons
Harald..

everytime I look at that photo, I am seeing more and more.. (with your prompting of course)

I am starting to see all kinds of crap now!lol...
Either I am having an LSD flashback or I now need to be committed...
will you all come visit me in the asylum? Please??

Old 11-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #29
Serpwidgets
Looks like a photo that was scanned using a scanner with a bad gear. There are vertical "lines" repeating across the pic, where the color/compression is out of whack. It's very consistent though. It would take some serious skill to get those lines so evenly-spaced.

Jpeg compression can create some of those problems, too. It's highly compressed (or compressed with a cheesy algorithm) which becomes very obvious when you zoom in.

IOW I don't think the picture was "artistically" altered or doctored by a person.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #30
hhmoore
Like I said, I just had fun looking at all the pictures in the picture...I don't know what's real & what isn't

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!