High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 52 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #511
fuscusking13
I need to get back to work, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I don't recall in the multitude of post's here, but, Dan, you saw the facility correct??

I do remember that you claimed to have spent 3 hours with David/Damon or whoever HEH is. Did you meet Tawny as well?
How many enclosures does HEH have?? I'm not talking about buildings, just snake cages. Are they all home made as all of the pix here suggest?? Or a combination of both?

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I don't recall reading it if it has.
I always have time for those whom I like in here. I did see it, and no I met no one else but David. There was someone working in the rodent breeding area, but I could care less about seeing feeder animals to be quite honest, I never like to get attached(believe me I have a damn pet rat in my living room now lol, but he is cool). There were many cages, homemade mostly but lots of sweater box type things for the smaller animals and such. I would say for large constrictors there were at least 50 cages and then tons of smaller cages with other stuff. My passion is AfRocks so I was looking mostly at those, and the patternless are sooo awesome I might add, but there was definately a lot of stuff and a lot of morphs and such. The albino granite that fell under a lot of question as to being kept in to small of a cage looked fine(in shed when I got there) and she is BIG, but she had plenty of room for a burm, as they are not active, especially at that size when well fed. Also honestly I was concerned about the screen/wire(whatever the proper term) fronts with the retics, knowing how much they like to push, but not one of them had a mark on their face, I was shocked. He said he hasnt had one problem with them, and it showed. They are obliviously cared for and content, because anyone who has kept retics knows they will push for food, or even boredom or lack of space, and Afrocks are pushers too if upset. All in all I was impressed and felt comfortable leaving my animals behind there, otherwise they would have been staying in NJ with a friend who offered to take them for a bit if things did not work out, until I got myself together. Irregardless to the outcome of this whole thread I feel 100 percent confident in the well being of my animals there and other than with myself would rather have them nowhere else. I have pics since they have been down there, and they look excellent, healthy and happy, what more can I ask for? I probably come off a bit selfish, and in this case I am, I worry much more about my animals well being than who David is/was/will be. To me it's not important, because the person I met cares for his animals as much as I do, and sadly this day in age people see numbers not individuals, so this is rare. Its all about increasing profits and so forth, while David is out to make money, and who isnt, I can tell you he does care very much about those animals, and that is something you can not lie about. Its not about what a person says, its the way their face lights up when they talk about them and interact with them, that childish almost giddy nature of absolute bliss. Will David come thru on his baby deal with me, only time will tell, but until then I feel that he will, and has given me no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him, regardless of anything that has been said here. Really back to work this time, Dan M.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #512
Cat_72
Were all of the cages in one building, or were there several buildings?

Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #513
fuscusking13
Where I was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Were all of the cages in one building, or were there several buildings?
There were two. One for snakes and one for "food", although as I stated I only saw inside of the snake one, and then the pigs he breeds are outside with their little shelters, and some rabbits for breeding in hutch setups. Thats all I had time for, and all that I saw. Dan M.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:17 PM   #514
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
........All in all I was impressed and felt comfortable leaving my animals behind there, otherwise they would have been staying in NJ with a friend who offered to take them for a bit if things did not work out, until I got myself together. Irregardless to the outcome of this whole thread I feel 100 percent confident in the well being of my animals there and other than with myself would rather have them nowhere else. I have pics since they have been down there, and they look excellent, healthy and happy, what more can I ask for? I probably come off a bit selfish, and in this case I am, I worry much more about my animals well being than who David is/was/will be. To me it's not important, because the person I met cares for his animals as much as I do, and sadly this day in age people see numbers not individuals, so this is rare. Its all about increasing profits and so forth, while David is out to make money, and who isnt, I can tell you he does care very much about those animals, and that is something you can not lie about. Its not about what a person says, its the way their face lights up when they talk about them and interact with them, that childish almost giddy nature of absolute bliss. Will David come thru on his baby deal with me, only time will tell, but until then I feel that he will, and has given me no reason whatsoever to disbelieve him, regardless of anything that has been said here. Really back to work this time, Dan M.
Hey Dan - thanks for continuing to elaborate on your experiences. It is indeed helpful.

As noted above you and mentioned previously somewhere in this thread - you parted with your animals due to some tough times. I absolutely understand that and applaud your effort to that end.

There is something I'm curious about.

You already said that you left for LA on 11/23/06. And got back the following week - I believe it was Tuesday 11/28/06. If you were trying to get "yourself together", then how is it you were looking to purchase a retic on 11/30/2006?
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #515
fuscusking13
Scott,

For that price on an albino retic, and had it been from a good source, who wouldnt scrape the money together??? I get rats from my friend for 50 cents to a dollar based on size, and rabbits for 1 or 2 dollars a piece, as well as adult guinea pigs for $1 (all of this stuff live too) so I can afford to feed one retic if I decided to keep it, and I also have a few different sized cages and theremostats sitting around. I know a bit on the medical end so I rarely have to do vet visits, so all in all I could have swung it, but it was better as I didnt get it, since you get one and it just gets contagious as we all know. My friend would have bought it off me anyway, which was the plan if I didnt get attached lol, but he didnt have the money up front, and this was prior to my little $350 radiator adventure, so money wasnt quite so tight at the time. It would have admittedly been an impulse buy because of the void I was feeling from the empty cages I returned to, so in the long run I am glad I did not make a purchase. It is an undescribable feeling to come back the first time and see the cages all intact, but no snakes. I just started getting commision on top of my regular pay now, so in a few weeks or months I want to get an albino retic baby and raise it as a pet, nothing more, nothing less, and maybe down the line someday a patternless Rock too, and long term I really want to come back into this hobby in a big way, I just cant right now. So thats why if you understand my jumble of thoughts, I tend to type it as I think it, so it doesnt always make sense on paper/computer. Dan M.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM   #516
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuscusking13
As far as ugly goes I can not pass such judgements, I am ugly, and people in glass houses do not throw stones, so we will chop that up as a matter of opinion. His skin is darker than mine, but way lighter than that shown in that early picture of Damon. Off to the land of Marine insurance, try not to be jealous!!!!!! Dan M.

Okay my trying to be funny and make this subject lighter did not work.
So let me rephrase.
they are both Tall, dark, and got stuff all over their face.

And don't worry. I am not Jealous.

Damon always tried that stuff with me. Telling me I was jealous because I worked for someone and he never ever had too... I never did quite get it.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM   #517
fuscusking13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie Luna
Okay my trying to be funny and make this subject lighter did not work.
So let me rephrase.
they are both Tall, dark, and got stuff all over their face.

And don't worry. I am not Jealous.

Damon always tried that stuff with me. Telling me I was jealous because I worked for someone and he never ever had too... I never did quite get it.
I meant jealous that I get to work in the ever exciting world of Marine insurance, and deep down you are, you just cant admit it yet, and that post wasnt meant to be serious, I know yours was funny, sadly mine was just honest too, oh well as I like to say you can't win 'em all. Later, Dan M. P.S. I would like to congratulate myself on the worlds longest run on sentance above.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #518
ms_terese
Dan, I appreciate that you have continued to answer the questions asked of you. Please understand that it just causes some flags to go up when A) you have to sell your animals because you are in dire circumstances; B) you have a friend nearby who breeds ball pythons but doesn't take yours; C) you look to buy another animal as soon as you return from giving David the snakes you couldn't feed; D) the timing discrepancies of the malfunctioning of the car.

Those are all valid questions that the group has had, and I just don't want you to think people are picking on you because you dealt with David. Again, thank you for continuing to be upfront about information.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #519
aj1178
I purchased a snake from the person in question in post #467
His name is Derek P, and at the time was stationed in Louisiana at Ft Polk, about a 45 minute drive from Oakdale.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM   #520
fuscusking13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Dan, I appreciate that you have continued to answer the questions asked of you. Please understand that it just causes some flags to go up when A) you have to sell your animals because you are in dire circumstances; B) you have a friend nearby who breeds ball pythons but doesn't take yours; C) you look to buy another animal as soon as you return from giving David the snakes you couldn't feed; D) the timing discrepancies of the malfunctioning of the car.

Those are all valid questions that the group has had, and I just don't want you to think people are picking on you because you dealt with David. Again, thank you for continuing to be upfront about information.
I actually got the balls from my friend, and he is also getting out of balls after this breeding season (hes about 95 percent sure) so no need to buy them back from me to sell them off, although they are staying at his house now as we speak(they being my two balls and my burm, and one of the balls is not for sale under any circumstance) and the agreement is if he doesnt sell and the last female I have up doesnt then we will split her clutch. These run ons get worse and worse lol. As to the car it was an honest mistake, again sorry for the confusion, even I myself can not be perfect everytime lmao. I was truly in dire circumstances, but to spend $300 out of the money I made on the snakes from David not knowing that I was gonna blow a radiator wasnt a horrible investment for a snake with a market value of $800+. As I said earlier it was an impulse thing and due to missing all of my guys. Dont get me wrong I like the ball python too, but they do not interest me so I got them to start with as a breeding project knowing I would easily part with the babies, because I had wanted to start breeding in 07/08 season, have been learning and assisting my friend over the last year or more (2 seasons with breeding and incubating to learn the genetics and everything.

As to feeling attacked, if I come in here and tell the truth and my opinions, whether they echo others or go dead against them, and get attacked, so be it. I dont feel personally attacked at all. There is nothing wrong with disagreement or debate, its very healthy. Thats what a forum is about to discuss, debate, share whatever. There are some in this thread who are not open to opinion other than their own and those people are few and far between, but they do exist. I always keep an open mind. Everyone knows where I stand at the time and if that changes you will know, believe me, but until something happens that changes my view I am where i am. I dont feel I have attacked anyone, and hopefully no one feels that I have. I love reptiles, this hobby and the entire reptile community and the last thing I want to do is make an enemies, but that does not mean that I will not speak my mind about something that I feel strongly about. If anyone feels that way about me, in all honesty it sucks, but oh well. Anyway as always I am going way above and beyond the simple responce needed here, but what can I say I am a long winded person with a lot to say on the subject, much to the dismay of Fauna viewers everywhere. Have a great evening, I am watching my friends son tonight, but I may be on later after he goes to bed. Dan M.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart