Reptster.com experience with show sponsorship not good - Page 160 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #1591
Abish
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
Gerry is a member at other forums. Why don't you go read up on him, so you can make an educated decision, instead of making one that's been prejudiced from this thread?

Except for getting tangled up in Davids web of deceit, I have never read anything from Gerry to lead me to believe he is anything other then an honest straight shooting person. He made an honest mistake, by trusting someone untrustworthy. When he caught on, he got the hell out. Period. He didn't dodge issues, he tried to help customers.

You gotta be fair about things. Even when going for the throat.

Deb/Dennis issue aside, I have to agree with the assessment of Gerry. It really wasn't his mess to mop up, but he hung in there and did
a lot more than David Young or the customers could have expected him to do to try resolve things. He was pretty successful until David stopped playing ball all together. Momentarily 'aligned' with a scammer or not, he definitely emerges from this as a stand-up guy.

Coupled with Steve Kelley stepping up and making amends with the Kordeks, I have to say it is a very pleasant surprise that David Young was so unsuccessful at taking some of his supporters/conning victims down in flames with him.

Also, a big fat hint to some others who have fallen into disfavor for trying to make Kelly and Matt the bad guys, I think these two case studies show that the 'wolf pack' can actually be awfully forgiving to those who just man up and do right.

Just sayin' .

Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #1592
Suncoast Herpetological
It's been a month or so now and Reptster is still up with pretty much no activity. Does anyone have any new info?

Old 12-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #1593
dragonsr#1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological View Post
It's been a month or so now and Reptster is still up with pretty much no activity. Does anyone have any new info?
As far as things go with us and our shows, till this day there still has been no contact at all from Mr. Young with this. This is no big surprise to us at all.

Matthew D. Kordek

Old 12-18-2008, 06:30 AM   #1594
crotalusadamanteus
Seems to me that he's followed the scammer's hand book to a tee. Pg 12 says...."Get everyone fired up over what you're presenting, get them to send you money, and then disappear as quick as you showed up."

Sound about right?

Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #1595
Cat_72
Any updates on this?

I looked at the website, and it's still saying that it will be "just a few days" until they have their software up and running again....

I love some of the cover-our-rear statements they make here....but they could have summed it up more more simply by just saying, "No matter what happens, we aren't responsible...and please don't try to get your money back when something does go wrong, because we need it more than you do." LOL.

Quote:
Reptster is changing our shipping vendor. This change requires reconfiguration and in some cases a rewrite of our shipping software. We apologize for any inconvenience that this change may cause you. We have just a few more days of testing and development remaining.

Just a few reminders. Reptster.com is a reseller of shipping services. As a reseller, we only provide an interface to the shipping provider's services. Any and all transactions, agreements, and guarantees are made between you and the shipping provider (UPS). What does that mean? Well, to put it bluntly Reptster.com is not responsible when FedEx or UPS screws up. We will work with you to resolve any problems that may arise when using the shipping services. Refunds will not be available until Reptster.com has received a refund from the shipping provider.

Credit card charges. There has been considerable confusion over credit card charges. Our credit card authorization company is Tekton Web and Tekton uses PayPal. When you use our shipping services, your bill may have one or all of these companies listed.

Please do not chargeback! Credit Card chargebacks threaten our ability to provide this service to the Reptile and Amphibian community. In all cases, the chargebacks we have received could have been avoided had the customer either called or sent us an email. In one case, a (former) customer had to lie to their credit card company in order to get the chargeback issued. If you have a question about a charge or if a mistake has resulted in a duplicate charge, please call us or email us. We have, in the past, and will continue to resolve most issues within 24 hours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
david young, repster, reptster