Bad Guy BHB reptiles "het" didn't prove out, won't fix it - Page 79 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #781
btmansfi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmebabee View Post
A car has a VIN. How do you identify a snake as it could be argued that the pattern is not the same.
Just throwing that out there as I haven't dealt with anyone here.
I'm not saying it's easy to identify snakes; I agree that it is difficult. But that does not give a seller the right to refuse to honor their duties simply because the individual that they sold the snake to sold it to someone else.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:17 PM   #782
Randy F
Quote:
Originally Posted by btmansfi View Post
Also, analogous to this is a car. When you buy a new car it comes with a warranty from the manufacturer. You can sell it or trade it in 100 times, but each subsequent owner inherits the warranty until it expires. It holds the manufacturers feet to the fire. If you sell a ball python to John Doe and he sells it to Jane Smith, your obligations and responsibilities don't suddenly end. You may choose to deal with John Doe rather than Jane Smith to remedy the problem; however, the fact that your original buyer has since sold the animal to someone else by no means absolves you of any wrong or misinformation you may or may not have given to the original buyer.
I completely disagree with this statement for a few reasons. Good example is this weekend I was car shopping and found a Roush stage 2 mustang convertible I was interested in. Turns out it was not a Roush, just a gt with a body kit. Now if I bought it and found out after should have the Ford dealer said "sorry here is the previous owners info?" The warranty if the automobile scenario is if something breaks down. I am not paying a vet bill because someone let a snake I sold to his buddies cousins friend 12 years ago, get a ri. Now if I take said car under warranty to the dealer and say "you told me it had 350hp and I just had it dynoed and its 312hp, I want a supercharger to make up for time with lost power, what do you think they are going to tell me?

Now directed at the original issue....

I have been involved in a couple of these situations lately and emphatically agree that the selling MUST make it right, then go after his seller to make it right to him. I drove an hour and gave a guy his money back in cash, and gave him a free snake for the issue. Now the vender who sold me the snake as something else turned his back on me. Should I just tell my customer "well I got f**ked so you did too, sorry man" and think that's doing good business? In mine I not only told the guy to never speak to me again but have ended a long friendship. It wasn't much money $450, its the principle. If you can't be a man (or woman) and stand up for what YOU did, then you should not be selling anything to anyone. If you are afraid of losing money that's obviously all your in this for and you should keep your money because you obviously do not have enough dignity to worry about losing the last little bit. So recap.......buyers go back to their seller to make it right until the trail stops. The original seller only owes the original purchaser PERIOD. As far as Brian.....I have seen him admit to a mistake and make it right. I know of people that have shown me the "care" package they received from him to make good on a multigene snake that didn't prove out for one gene.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:01 PM   #783
Amelanistic Orca
How's the hero look these days?

Old 10-15-2015, 12:05 AM   #784
Milo Garcia
Brian should've just given him a scaleless and called it even!!

Old 10-15-2015, 04:49 PM   #785
Kingofspades
Factors I think need to be noted:
Virgin Het hypo females.
Hypo lines that are not compatible
18 eggs from het to het breedings.

Many things that could be at play here.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:23 AM   #786
GBU Enterprises
We microchip all of our high end hets. The cost is only minimal adding a little more than $3 to the snake.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!