Inquiry BallBids.com? - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #81
snakesRkewl
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviBallBids View Post
Hi everyone!
Please allow me to copy-paste my previous response from Ball-pythons.net
Please allow me to copy and paste my response on BP.net...

You guys are just not right, not in your ethics, not in your business model, not in your care of these awesome animals and certainly not in your lies and deceptions.

So many noobie mistakes it's pathetic, these are live animals and it's our hobby your toying with, yet you expect us to understand

Sorry, your barking up the wrong tree

Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 AM   #82
Shadera
This is "leveling the playing field" as you guys put it on your Facebook page? It's clear that neither one of you has any understanding of the game.

Those people have to ask for those bids to be refunded? Honey, you should be falling all over yourselves to spark up some semblance of veracity and refund without having to be asked. But then again, it's clear to anyone willing to look deeper than the surface, that you have no intention of doing what's right to begin with.

It's not about the love of the animals when you pull in a guy to act as a frontman, who has no clue about the animals being worked with. It's a money grab, nothing more.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #83
aviBallBids
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
Please allow me to copy and paste my response on BP.net...

You guys are just not right, not in your ethics, not in your business model, not in your care of these awesome animals and certainly not in your lies and deceptions.

So many noobie mistakes it's pathetic, these are live animals and it's our hobby your toying with, yet you expect us to understand

Sorry, your barking up the wrong tree
Hi snakesRkewl!

We realize that there is nothing we can do or say to ease every person's fears. The best we can do is admit our faults where admission is due, and make changes to our service and guarantees as promised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
This is "leveling the playing field" as you guys put it on your Facebook page? It's clear that neither one of you has any understanding of the game.

Those people have to ask for those bids to be refunded? Honey, you should be falling all over yourselves to spark up some semblance of veracity and refund without having to be asked. But then again, it's clear to anyone willing to look deeper than the surface, that you have no intention of doing what's right to begin with.

It's not about the love of the animals when you pull in a guy to act as a frontman, who has no clue about the animals being worked with. It's a money grab, nothing more.
Hi again!

Most bids were refunded with the click of a button, but several members were experiencing issues with their bid balances, so they were credited again manually. It may or may not have had something to do with the downtime we experienced earlier.

Also, responding to emails, live support calls, phone calls, forum posts, and Facebook posts is a whole lot of work for two people to accomplish, but we manage to do it. The only difference is that i type much faster than Zack, so I will more than likely beat him to the punch.

Thank you!

-Avi =)

Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #84
rabernet
Quote:
Hi redhood23!

We haven't had any refund requests as of yet, but if that were the case then the answer would most certainly be yes. I made sure that the 5 free bids that were given upon registering were also credited back.

-Avi =)
Actually, several people asked about refunds on your Facebook page.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #85
Lucille
Quote:

We realize that there is nothing we can do or say to ease every person's fears. The best we can do is admit our faults where admission is due, and make changes to our service and guarantees as promised.
I had hoped that the lie-based banners would have been pulled as I suggested. Unfortunately, I just now saw the same banner ad, picturing snakes showing 'sold' for too-good-to-be-true prices.

I think that many businesses are wildly successful based on people's hopes and dreams, especially in this economy, for a windfall, a little good fortune. The ponzi schemes, and other scams built by businesses a lot bigger than this one, succeeded because people wanted to believe they could get something for nothing.
Right now, many people have next to nothing through no fault of their own, and glossy false ads that are made to prey on their hopes are sadly working all too well.

When the businesses inevitably crumbled, they hurt the little people, the people who believed in the magic that for a few pennies they could somehow have riches beyond their dreams.

I personally think that to build a quality collection one has to buy quality stock from reputable breeders. Quality is expensive, the breeders often take many years for projects, all the while feeding and housing their stock. There are few short cuts.

One could say that all this is entertainment and gambling. I gamble, I buy lottery tickets from time to time, it is a harmless pastime.

But there are no live critters involved. Here, there are troubling questions involving shipping and quarantine. It is not all innocent pastime when the life of critters are involved.

As has been said earlier, many will not choose to believe the glib assurances of a business launched on lies.

I fervidly, genuinely hope that for all of you, the New Year brings prosperity. We are all sick and tired of scraping pennies together in this faltering economy.
But for now, if you have a few pennies, you might want to think twice before giving them to Ballbids.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #86
Ace of Snakes
Just posted on Mike Wilbanks FB page that I do not support this or him being apart of it.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #87
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Snakes View Post
Just posted on Mike Wilbanks FB page that I do not support this or him being apart of it.
Have you not read any of this? He is NOT "apart of it." Mike Wilbanks just happened to have a customer come along and buy some snakes from him. He has nothing to do with what his customers decide to do with the animals after having purchased them. It's not his fault these guys decided to drop his name into their mess.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:07 AM   #88
Ace of Snakes
Also just found out, Zack Byers is related to who? Jeff Byers, who does Jeff work for?...Bob Clark Reptiles, who is Bob Clark best buds with almost business partners?..Mike Wilbanks, where did that Butter for auction come from?...Constrictors Unlimited, who owns them?...Mike Wilbanks. Can you follow the bread crumbs to the pile of caca? There is more to this than two kids, this is scam all the way from A to Z. I'm sure Bob and Mike will give away a few snakes to get the ball rolling, give away a snake now and then, but 99% of this site and it's actions will be a scam with likely no snake or winner in sight, other than the site owners!

They simply took Ben's concept to another level and IMO perfected the art and scam!

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #89
Ace of Snakes
Here's what I feel like is really going on:

1. The site appears to have been thrown together by somebody with very little patience, let alone knowledge regarding marketing or website construction. The odds that the person behind the site will pay any attention to the health of the animals or the satisfaction of the customer are slim to none.

2. If the website creator really cared about anything other than making a quick buck, more attention would have been paid to details like how the timer would behave, whether the website would be able to handle the traffic, and whether the terms of service were written by Best Buy. Once the money is in his pocket, he's going to be gone.

3. The site is likely set up in such a way that the timer will repeatedly reset if a certain profit has not been attained. To bidders watching the auction, it would appear as though other users are bidding, causing the timer to reset. This process would continue until a certain amount of money has been accrued. I highly doubt that it's an accident, or the fault of the 'server'. It's probably intentional, and extremely sloppy programming.

So in conclusion, I am absolutely not going to give this person any of my money. The fact that one individual person might get away with a morph for pennies on the dollar does not justify the means that it took to make it happen. IF anybody gets the snake cheap, it means that hundreds of others spent heaps of money in exchange for NOTHING. Hundreds of people get ripped off while one person is pleased with themselves for being a jackass and lining the pockets of a scumbag. In the meantime we are COLLECTIVELY shat on. The whole community.

It DOES matter to me that his practices are impatient, sloppy, underhanded and dishonest. I do not want somebody like this to make any money at the expense of weak-willed people and innocent animals.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #90
Will0W783
Apparently they didn't actually choose a winner last night. So the poor guy who thought he'd won now is out a snake. They are stating on their Facebook page that not only are they relisting the female butter from yesterday but they are also listing another morph. I did get recredited my free bids, but it's really crappy that someone thought they had won a snake and actually didn't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
arvi, ballbids, zack byers, zack*byers, zbbp