Info Thomas Dorn - aeterrabyte - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #91
chadharper
Please post pictures of the snake from directly above, and from both sides showing the complete sides of the snake. Please if you dont mind.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #92
DaveyFig
You got a bunch of snakes in at the same time. Was this is the only one that didn't have heat? How many sources did the other snakes come from? How close were those snakes to this one?

Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #93
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharper View Post
Please post pictures of the snake from directly above, and from both sides showing the complete sides of the snake. Please if you dont mind.
You can look in the videos I posted. Kind of tired messing with her. Letting her rest as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js3w946znx...ewithsetup.m4v

Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 PM   #94
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
You got a bunch of snakes in at the same time. Was this is the only one that didn't have heat? How many sources did the other snakes come from? How close were those snakes to this one?
None made direct contact. Some of them are in the video. All doing fine so far. This is the only one I am having problems with.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #95
chadharper
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeterrabyte View Post
You can look in the videos I posted. Kind of tired messing with her. Letting her rest as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/js3w946znx...ewithsetup.m4v
Well aren't you just full of compassion. The way you just toss her on her back making her flip over just screams the kind of person you are. You videoed everything else, why not of you "Not force feeding water" as you so put it.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:51 PM   #96
aeterrabyte
If i knew this was going to happen I would have, and also that the snake was 110 degrees when I got her. It's not right, and I have never had to do it with mine, but I have seen videos of people force feeding ball pythons on youtube. It is not going to cause stargazing, that is just totally unrealistic to think that.

When I bring her to the vet tomorrow, he is going to force open her mouth to check the tissue inside, if you guys think that will make her condition worse I will ask him not do to that.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #97
chadharper
Quote:
If i knew this was going to happen I would have, and also that the snake was 110 degrees when I got her. It's not right, and I have never had to do it with mine, but I have seen videos of people force feeding ball pythons on youtube. It is not going to cause stargazing, that is just totally unrealistic to think that.

When I bring her to the vet tomorrow, he is going to force open her mouth to check the tissue inside, if you guys think that will make her condition worse I will ask him not do to that.
Im still waiting for you to show where your vet is trained to treat reptiles? He doesnt mention it on his site.

I dont think you understand there is a difference between forcing and manually opening the mouth, it can be done, done right and with proper tools. The issue people have a problem with is you possibly drowning the snake with your attempt to hydrate a snake that most likely didnt need hydrating.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM   #98
aeterrabyte
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadharper View Post
Im still waiting for you to show where your vet is trained to treat reptiles? He doesnt mention it on his site.

I dont think you understand there is a difference between forcing and manually opening the mouth, it can be done, done right and with proper tools. The issue people have a problem with is you possibly drowning the snake with your attempt to hydrate a snake that most likely didnt need hydrating.
Well we can forget about that because it didn't happen. She did not drown. I am glad you cleared it up for your self. Regardless better safe then sorry. Since we know understand that cannot cause stargazing.

When you go to vet school you can specialize in exotics which includes birds and reptiles. The guy is legit. I search for a reptile vet in austin and that was the recommendation I got.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #99
chadharper
Quote:
Well we can forget about that because it didn't happen. She did not drown. I am glad you cleared it up for your self. Regardless better safe then sorry. Since we know understand that cannot cause stargazing.

When you go to vet school you can specialize in exotics which includes birds and reptiles. The guy is legit. I search for a reptile vet in austin and that was the recommendation I got.
You are right, she didnt drown.

Lets try this another way, if your baby(and I dont know if you have kids or not.) for example, didnt drink his/her formula would you force him/her in a like manner?

Again, Id like to see pictures of the snake, not a video.

Yes, you are right, when you go to vet school, you CAN specialize in exotics, but its not required and its still not listed on your vets page. So your argument is still unfounded.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #100
aeterrabyte
And obviously if that small amount of stress comparable to a vet check up will cause her to fall ill she is defective and just further justification for my refund or chargeback with ever ends up happing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
dorn.thomas@gmail.com, snakeg, thomas dorn, thomas dorn reptiles