good beginner venomous snake - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2004, 06:50 PM   #81
snakekid13
Ya i prefer the J shaped hooks i dont like the way the L shaped ones feel but ill keep that in mind thanks for the hook advice seamus it helped alot. IM TIRED OF BEING BIT BY FREE HANDLING AMAZONS ONCE I GET A GOOD HOOK I WILL RULE THE WORLD MUHAHAHAHA!!! ok sorry maybe i exagerated my excitement a little bit.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #82
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangrde1
Tanith thanks for reminding me . I dont do the waterbowl anymore i do as a matter of fact use pinks or mice I need to edit that...if you wish to please do and remember can you add in be sure not to carry needles on you places leave them home, Cops look at them as drug related. well one did till he noticed the box in they came out of marked LIVE VENOMOUS REPTILES lol
A stainless steel feeding needle, ball tipped, is not something any drug user would be likely to consider useful. You could snort cocaine through it maybe, but you could also do that with a standard drinking straw.

I do carry my box of emergency drugs and gear with me on field trips. All a cop would have to do would be to phone my vet and verify that it's all stuff I am supposed to have. Or they could check my various wildlife licenses.

Also most of the drugs I use on snakes are not human abusable substances. The drugs that are human abusable are not carried in significant quantity. It takes about 0.05 to 0.1 of a cc of Diazepam to sedate an injured adult Eastern diamondback for exam. That amount would have absolutely no pharmacological effect on a human.

That's why it should be fairly easy for venomous snake owners to bother the nearest veterinarian and ask for one syringe of Diazepam to sedate their venomous snake for home examination. Even if the vet won't see the snake, most of them will not have a lot of qualms about prescribing you an appropriate amount of this drug.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #83
Mustangrde1
For the feild nothing beats a stump ripper

Old 05-11-2004, 10:23 PM   #84
snakekid13
im not looking for a field hook im looking for a cage hook for my arboreals and sometimes with my pissy blood pythons. But ill look at the hooks and hopefully buy one or two although i do go herping i like the feal of the cage hooks (will these work ok when herping) Because we have some aggresive water snakes hear at our local creek. I love to catch them but you normally come out of the deal pretty bitten up. Thanks and happy herping.

Old 05-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #85
Mustangrde1
For a cage hook it is really hard to beat the that 24 inch midwest ultralight. its also good to have a 48 inch standard hook as well. I do not reccomend any of the colapsables though especially when working with hots for the simple reason that they can malfunction and you might get a quick visit from a fanged friend.

Old 05-12-2004, 04:48 PM   #86
snakekid13
I like the fixed hooks better anyways the ones that retract ( the only ones i've had) have always snapped so im gonna try the fixed hook hope it works ok.

Old 05-12-2004, 08:11 PM   #87
snakekid13
anyone want to post some of the pictures they have of thier reptiles?

Old 05-12-2004, 08:17 PM   #88
Mustangrde1
Sure here is one. And i start it with a true success this is a rescued animal Tanith did outstanding work with. It is now in my collection and is very well pampered. I swear if it wasnt for how dangerous it was my wife would be hugging and kissing it. It is now up to two Large mice a week now. Tanith Cudos to you.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2004, 08:20 PM   #89
Mustangrde1
Oopppsss forgot she was hiding in that pic here is one of her
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #90
Mustangrde1
Perhaps you might like cobras how about a baby egyptian
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!