Intense Herpetoculture - Any feedback? - Page 104 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #1031
John E Dove
I just spotted another ad of his on another site listing contact info as Justyn@IntenseHerp.com or (817) 350-4840 also.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 PM   #1032
GinoInDaBronx
The Dutch...

Many kudos to our Dutch friends for being smart enough to check-up on the rectal parasite that we (unfortunately) know as justyne miller!

And please do inform everyone else on the hippocampus site. I will watch for him on the marine sites that I visit.

Thanks,

GB

Old 11-17-2008, 05:44 PM   #1033
rare-reptiles
forget name

Quote:
Originally Posted by rare-reptiles View Post
He justin when will u pay the suplierer in tanzania that u foregt to pay after he send a lot of animals.
marco lautenbach

Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #1034
viandy
You should check his web site. It's been hacked and, well, it couldn't happen to a better guy.

Andy Via

Old 11-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #1035
Chris Anderson
This is an extremely old thread but Justyn recently popped up on a chameleon forum after a three year hiatus (http://www.chameleonforums.com/chama...fefferi-70473/). When I saw his post, I seemed to recall a large fauna thread about some of his dealings that I didn't recall had ever been resolved on the forum. After searching, I found this thread and started to recall more of the details. At any rate, since she has decided to pop up again in the community, I thought it was a good time to pull this thread back up and ask if any of the issues in it were ever resolved.

Chris

Old 11-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #1037
Chris Anderson
Dennis,

Thanks for updating this thread with links to these new threads. I didn't pry into the situation any following my post two years ago as no one replied to indicate it was still an ongoing issue. Just after my post, however, Justin did contact me privately via ChameleonForums. Here is the text of those messages (images attached to authenticate):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justyn
Chris, why do you even bring that up? I know longer sell reptiles to the public. These are personal specimens, I own a single pair. I'm not on here, except for the reason to expand my knowledge and others knowledge. I came on here with my old user name, I could have easily made a new profile. Is that what it is going to have to come down to to keep you from putting that on every post? It just seems like harassment at that point. If you suggest that, I'll just do that.

You may think I'm a bad guy, but I'm not. I had a shitty point in my life. I made mistakes and learned from them. I corrected what I could. I won't discuss it further. I got divorced and go to college full time, that's my goal now. I don't ever want to sell herps to the public again, so no worries there. I'd rather go back to what I used to, enjoying the animals, both for research and my own personal purposes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Anderson
Justyn,

I'm not sure why you seem to be upset with the people who remember your transgressions rather than being upset with the fact that you can't say that the situation was every fully taken care of. Ultimately, you're directing your frustration about having failed to clear your name at the wrong person. We all have hard times in our life but the type of person we ultimately are is shaped by how we handle those hard times. If you can't openly and publicly state that you took care of and repaid your past faults in full without fear of being called out for not having done so, that shows me you are still that person and that you should be avoided.

You may claim to have no desire to get back into selling herps, but after a three year hiatus that was spurred by events surrounding the transgressions in that thread, getting personal specimens and becoming active in the online herp communities is one not so large step away from your old practices. I for one do not want to see others fall victim to the same scenarios outlined in the fauna thread. When you've fully repaid to others what is due to them, then maybe you can claim to not be that person. Until then though, I don't buy that you aren't.

I don't have the time, interest or desire to follow you around and post that thread in response to everything you post. I definitely have no problem pointing people to it should it seem you are seeking to engage in the sale of anything, however.

Chris
Quote:
Chris, the issue is I'm not engaging in a sell. I'm upset because you post this just because I post pictures of a chameleon, not an ad. I would not be upset it it were an ad. Tell you what, I'll just make a new online profile so I'm not harassed by you. So instead of being completely out there and in the open, I'll go under a different name. Sounds like you encouraged a better alternative.

As for anything to do with fauna, I will never publicly acknowledge it again. Regardless of my efforts to take care of people. Why? Because I learned no matter what you do, you can't keep people from bashing you if they feel that you deserve it. So I'll let it die down instead and take care of issues privately.
Quote:
Also, there has been no hiatus. I've been out there the whole time, just as open as now. I just haven't kept chams in a few years. Plus, forums have little of interest these days.
He then quickly added me to his "Block User" list on facebook, where I still am, so that I could not see anything he posted there (or at least I assume thats why I can't see his posts when I am logged in, but can when I'm on a public page and not logged in..

I found his messages pretty indicative of someone I wouldn't want to deal with, however I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he would not sell animals to the public any longer and that it would no longer be an issue. Clearly that was a mistake as what he told me was in hind sight a blatant lie and he's back up to his old tricks again. Clearly he can't be trusted.

Chris
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2014, 11:50 PM   #1038
Mike2014
Kid is still a total hack....now he is on bluepumilio.com....I put in an order last week...got about 3 excuses on why he couldn't ship my plants...he had about 400 dollars of mine....I told him to refund or I would file a dispute with PayPal...he refunded and acted like I was in the wrong....people are still using him...now he is in Florida...kid is a g.d. bum

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!