Which picture should I choose? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-12-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Nagini
Which picture should I choose?

Well my male pastel being my first morph, I want to blow up a pic of him for my wall. But I'm torn between 2 pics. Which do you guys think looks best?

Old 11-12-2007, 05:34 PM   #2
edf01
I don't think you could go wrong with either one honestly.

The first one, I like how close up to its head you got and the pic has got some nice dimension to it.

the second one has a really nice color blue that complements the snakes yellow nicely, and I like th emirror effect...

I am a sucker for macro ( extreme close-ups) so my choice would be th efirst one...but I am really digging that blue... LOL, see how much help I am?? What i don;t like about the second picture is how close it is cropped to the snake- makes the photo seem a tad cramped- if you cropped it in photoshop or something, I would suggest to recrop it, but leave some more space at the end of the photo so the picture doesn't end so close to the snake. But I can totally see a series of snake pics with colored cloth... that would look sharp...

You could always try to take some close-ups of the snake on that blue cloth... but then again, you are taking the pic for your liking, not mine. Both are very nice and crisp shots... ultimately, i think both would mak enice photo's.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #3
Nagini
hmm that is a good idea, maybe I'll go down to the fabric store sometime this week for different color fabrics, I have different morphs like pastels, mojave and spider so it would be neat on different backgrounds

Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
between THOSE 2.. I like the idea of the mirror better then carpet.. BUT, I LOVE how curious he looks.. he is staring you down..

so #1 out of this set I think

Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
Clay Davenport
If it were me, I'd take some more pics. Both are fine pics for posting on a forum, but neither are worth blowing up to hang on the wall.
In the first one the composition is off, which makes the perspective look a little funny. Everything of value to the pic is in the upper right quadrant.

The second one, aside from the over cropping, is an unnatural pose. Snakes don't lay that way. The angle of the head suggests he was beginning to move which rushed the shot. It shows his colors well, and the background is a nice feature, but his positioning completely distracts from the photo itself.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
whippet
i like one for the closeup..but the red light annoys me. Use #2 background and see if you can catch a good face shot!

Old 11-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
NorthernRegius.com
The setup in #2 is cool, but I agree it's over cropped. Half the fun of owning these guys is photo ops. Would love to see the reflexed fabric taught, so the shot is less busy, but give him time to relax (under a chilled bowl perhaps). Compose the shot before you remove the bowl & see what you get.

Old 11-16-2007, 02:11 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
I like the second one. It shows more the whole body.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!