Bad Guy Drew at Underground Reptiles stole 784$ - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #11
jtkuhl
What's the point of running a business with a Terms of Service if you have to bend the rules for every customer who changes their mind? I've done busines with Rian @ Underground several times where I've sold them boas I produced and trusted they would send me the money, and they didnt break my trust in them! They are definately not thieves! I'm with Underground on this one! If you get buyers remorse or your circumstance changed, you've got store credit as per their terms for your next show!

Jeff Kuhl
Kuhl Exotics

Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 AM   #12
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
If he never received anything, there would be nothing to restock. It's sad that you think you can hide behind these words. You are someone I would never do business with.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #13
Ed Clark
Underground shame on you for treating your customers the way you do!

You and your operation are not to be trusted. I know all about Rian Gittman because he screwed me for a few hundred $ when he was doing business as Pet Shop Reptiles. he gave me the run around for so long I just gave up on the refund he promised.

Let this be a warning to all unsuspecting buyers.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #14
SobekSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkuhl View Post
What's the point of running a business with a Terms of Service if you have to bend the rules for every customer who changes their mind? I've done busines with Rian @ Underground several times where I've sold them boas I produced and trusted they would send me the money, and they didnt break my trust in them! They are definately not thieves! I'm with Underground on this one! If you get buyers remorse or your circumstance changed, you've got store credit as per their terms for your next show!

Jeff Kuhl
Kuhl Exotics
I agree, but the sale did not get completed here. Had the sale been completed Underground wouldn't look so dishonest.

Stick by your terms by all means, but in this situation they should have given his money back.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I am really glad you started a thread so that subsequent potential buyers see what may be in store for them should they choose to do business with this company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkuhl View Post
What's the point of running a business with a Terms of Service if you have to bend the rules for every customer who changes their mind?
Perhaps this thread will be a gift to Underground Reptiles. It will inform and winnow out all those who might expect any degree of flexibility.

I personally agree that TOS are important, but in this case I feel Underground could have waived the TOS and sent a refund because other than running a card, no work was done. Had it been the next day with reptiles pulled and boxed for transport, I might have felt different.

In any case I'm sure Underground will be happy about this thread because it will let potential buyers know what to expect.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
200xth
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
Your orders, as all orders, was processed and placed through an order form system we use. This order form generates a packing list and is linked to a card processor we use.
Also though you contacted us within a few hours to cancel the order, you have to keep in mind the time and man hours that goes into canceling orders, notifying the right staff to cancel the order, reposting the correct stock quantities, possibly reposting ads, etc.
You told him nothing would be done on the order until the following afternoon. There was nothing to restock since nothing was unstocked.

No one begrudges merchants their protections against a lot of wasted time by people placing orders, receiving the order, then deciding they didn't want it and shipping it all back, but what was done on this order other than running the credit card?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #17
SoCalAce
Regardless of the transaction, I find it absurd that someone could place an $800 order at 5pm and then at 7pm decide "Oh nevermind, I can't actually go to the show." Clearly there's some buyers remorse involved. Also, I think it should be common knowledge that if you give your CC to someone to "hold" something for you, they are most likely not going to let you back out for free.

No to mention the purchasing of animals with the intention to turn around and sell them at a show less than 24 hours later. There should be a law that forces business to post the acquisition date of animals. "These savannahs? I just picked them up from a wholesaler on the way here."

Old 10-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #18
SobekSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
but what was done on this order other than running the credit card?
If they have enough integrity to answer that is be surprised.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #19
mxracer4life
I never have and never will purchase anything from Underground. I have seen them practice this kind of stuff for quite some time. Just feel sorry for those that get taken by them.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #20
SobekSerpents
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200xth View Post
but what was done on this order other than running the credit card?
If they have enough integrity to answer that i'd be surprised.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!