Water Dragon - Past Calcium Definciency or Current Problem? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 09-04-2007, 09:13 PM   #11
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Great, then you should go ahead & get a T-rex then & get rid of the red basking light. That isn't doing her much good. They like bright light. Were you able to get a digital probe ordered yet to measure her temps better? That will really help as you don't want to over heat her.
Good that the fixture is ceramic, that way you wont have to get that.
I am happy to hear that she is doing a little bit better & moving around. Well, some just wont eat veggies....if the crickets are eating them, then, that is better than nothing! She doesn't know that she is getting them! LOL
Did you decide to order the liquid calcium?
I really hope that she continues to improve for you. Keep me posted on her, thanks!

Tracie

Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #12
Drache613
Updates?

Hello,

Any updates for me? How is your girl doing now, have you gotten a light ordered yet?

Tracie

Old 09-19-2007, 01:22 PM   #13
Jazeira
Hey!

She seems to be doing good. Money's a bit of a problem at the moment, so I haven't purchased any new light. But, knowing how a lot of red in someone's room can make them aggressive, I decided to see if it was the same about red lights for reptiles (Brynhild's always been a bit of grouch) and not only did her mood improve some when I stopped using it, but her colors brightened up a lot.

It's been really warm lately so I haven't need a heat lamp for warmth. But I am pretty sure I have an extra heat lamp sitting around somewhere, so I will get that out when I need it.

It seems like her calcium problem is over/stable because a lot swelling in her nose area has gone away. I'm not as worried about her now. She's been eating crickets and mealworms and loving it.

I looked at the digital thermometers at the pet store the other day though to check them out. I should have some cash for one soon.

Thanks again.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #14
Drache613
Hello

Hello!

Hey that is great she is doing so much better now & her nose is healing up too.
Definitely no red lights, they do bother them. They do much better with bright white lights for basking, so, as soon as you can financially wing it she would do great with one.
I am happy that she is eating well though.
Yeah the temps are important & winter is going to be coming on soon so they definitely need to be monitored so she doesn't get too cold at night.
What are your temps sitting at now? Are you using any type of basking light in there? You just have a flourescent UVB in there right now, correct?
Glad that she is doing better now.

Tracie

Old 10-03-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Jazeira
Thanks. I'm using an old lamp for her basking now. The temps have been in the 70's and 80's and the humidty has been higher too.

She's actually put on a little weight now - looking MUCH better.

A scap at her mouth fell of about a week ago.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #16
Drache613
Hello

Hello!

Great to hear that she is doing SO much better now, & gaining weight. That means that she is eating well too. I am happy to hear that.
What type of UVB light did you decide to go with? At least her mouth is healing up nicely too. Thanks for the updates!

Tracie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!