Bad Guy Drew at Underground Reptiles stole 784$ - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #41
bcmaddox
It's kind of sad that a business has such a bad reputation and they do nothing to try and change. I am constantly skimming the classifieds of Fauna and Kingsnake and any time I see UGR logo I keep on scrolling. I have seen animals that interest me just do not want to deal with the "what if something goes wrong" situation.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #42
David Reid
I have never even considered doing business with Underground....basically, because of these type of posts.

Dave

Old 10-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #43
ElliotNess
I dont see how this is healthy for the animals...
Posted this cause there is the mention of BOIs in the video. FROM 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK_aCwwPUcY

Old 10-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #44
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotNess View Post
I dont see how this is healthy for the animals...
Posted this cause there is the mention of BOIs in the video. FROM 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK_aCwwPUcY
I just watched the video. Don't Blue Tongue Skinks drink water? The water bowls were green and nasty,not to mention DRY!! He was more worried about finding babies late in the season than filling the water bowls. Didn't even tell his kid or helper to get them water. Just look for babies.
I would not film myself and my animals for a video with dry,green nasty bowls included in video. Not that my snakes bowls are dirty or nasty. I wash mine weekly. I do realize that in the hot sun,they will get Algae in them,but that's what soap,water and a scrubby is for,to clean when they are that bad. I also know it's not really going to hurt the lizard,but good husbandry is always a priority.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 PM   #45
gila7150
I think that Underground Reptiles owes the OP a full refund based on what I've read but I think it's a little unfair to criticize husbandry based on this 4 year old video.
As someone who has raised reptiles outside in Florida, I will tell you that shallow water bowls like that can dry out in a day in August (when this video was made). I can also tell you that it rains just about every day in the late afternoon in the summer in FL.
If I could I would keep every reptile I had outdoors in the FL sun because they thrive. One day the FL heat may dry out a shallow water bowl and the next day that skink will be burrowing in mud because of the heavy rains. I can tell you that those skinks are probably healthier than the ones being kept in aquariums under pet store UV lights. It was probably not smart to make a Youtube video before he attended to the cages for the day but a dry, shallow water bowl outside in the FL sun is not a clear indication of neglect to me and I highly doubt those skinks are dehydrated.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #46
hissnthatexotics
I guess I will say it. I completely agree with "Get Domes" comment. Your practice is fairly unethical. However that is not what the thread is about. Rian (UGR) has been one of my primary suppliers for years. I've never once had a problem with the animals (except one gecko that had a cut in which I was immediately given a credit). While I've dealt with a few employees who were rude the vast majority of the time my orders are handled well. I've spent nearly an hour on the phone with them perfecting orders and they never once got impatient. I was turned to these guys after spending thousands on crap that people flipped to me and died the next day. In my opinion UGs post was very professional and shouldnt spike any argument besides the fact that its not what you want/expect. You have a credit now so whats the big deal with post poning an order. Although no offense if your that concerned about having cash rather than credit its probably because ypu ran into a more profitable "flip".As far as a restocking fee...while I disagree with that I understand why. When using a digital system (like I do) to monitor reptile stock. It is annoying to have to replace that stock. Its even more annoying when customers cancel orders after dedicating time and energy. Furthermore everyone's experience is different but I love these guys. I made a trip to Florida this spring and was blown away by the professionalism at the shop, Mike and Pete are great guys and were fun as hell to talk to. So yes everyone should see all sides. So for anyone who notices this I have no relationship with anyone at UG besides business and I would recommend them to any of my friends looking for a supplier or even an individual new pet!
Regards,
Kyle

Old 10-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #47
hissnthatexotics
Sorry my phone won't let me edit

By "your" I meant Joe.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #48
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150 View Post
I think that Underground Reptiles owes the OP a full refund based on what I've read but I think it's a little unfair to criticize husbandry based on this 4 year old video.
As someone who has raised reptiles outside in Florida, I will tell you that shallow water bowls like that can dry out in a day in August (when this video was made). I can also tell you that it rains just about every day in the late afternoon in the summer in FL.
If I could I would keep every reptile I had outdoors in the FL sun because they thrive. One day the FL heat may dry out a shallow water bowl and the next day that skink will be burrowing in mud because of the heavy rains. I can tell you that those skinks are probably healthier than the ones being kept in aquariums under pet store UV lights. It was probably not smart to make a Youtube video before he attended to the cages for the day but a dry, shallow water bowl outside in the FL sun is not a clear indication of neglect to me and I highly doubt those skinks are dehydrated.
Ok,I know this also. But I still would CLEAN my bowls regularly if needed! It's really that simple. Algae doesn't build like that in one day anywheres.

Old 10-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #49
gila7150
Good point...I have to change mine frequently just to keep the mosquito larvae out. They probably don't harm anything but they still bother me to look at.

Old 10-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #50
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by gila7150 View Post
If I could I would keep every reptile I had outdoors in the FL sun because they thrive. One day the FL heat may dry out a shallow water bowl and the next day that skink will be burrowing in mud because of the heavy rains.
I agree with this from my own direct experiences in FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allreptiles1966 View Post
Ok,I know this also. But I still would CLEAN my bowls regularly if needed! It's really that simple. Algae doesn't build like that in one day anywheres.
Algae is not a negative thing to me. It is a nutrient sink (and producer). It does not appeal to some folks' aesthetic perspective, but this was not a series of display-geared setups.

I do not view the video, in terms of the setups shown, as negative.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!