Banner Ads??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
PaulSage
Banner Ads???

Since I joined Fauna I have heard a lot of mention about banner ads. I never really thought too much about it until now when I was exploring advertising options for my own animals.

Anyway, there's been mention of certain banner ads that everyone else is apparently seeing... and I am not. Is there some setting in the User CP for them? I didn't see one.

Now, it's possible that I'm just retarded and don't know what people are talking about, and if that's the case I apologize. Am I not seeing what everyone else does?

This is all that shows up on my screen:
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #2
shrap
Hey Paul,

In the upper left hand corner of the page/site you will see the listings for "chat", "events calendar", etc. At the end of that litst you will see "Advertising". That is where you want to go for banner ads and such. Hope that is what you were looking for.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #3
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Hey Paul,

In the upper left hand corner of the page/site you will see the listings for "chat", "events calendar", etc. At the end of that litst you will see "Advertising". That is where you want to go for banner ads and such. Hope that is what you were looking for.
Thanks Sammy. Yeah, I found that but I don't see anyone else's banners.

I was just thinking, could it be some sort of blocking thing on MY computer that is preventing me from seeing the banners? There's Ad-Aware SE and Norton somethin-er-other on my computer. I turned the pop-up blocker off (which is pretty much all I know how to do) and I still didn't see the banners.

Could someone please post a screen shot of one of these banner ads and where you see it/them?

Old 10-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #4
PaulSage
Okay, I see "Sponsor Links" on the individual animal forums, but I don't think those are the banners people are talking about.

Here's what the Cornsnake Forum looks like to me:
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
starwarsdad
Paul,

I cannot tell for sure what browser your are running. It looks like IE with a custom skin. If I had to guess, I would say you are running a "custom" HOSTS file or whatever program you have used to skin IE (Maxthon maybe?) is blocking the ads.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:31 PM   #6
PaulSage
I just have the IE that came on the computer.

And I have no idea what skin is... at least not other than the flesh/tissue thing.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:39 PM   #7
PaulSage
Alright, nevermind.

Turns out I'm just retarded afterall.

I started looking through the Ad-Aware and Norton things that my brother had installed on my computer and I found and turned off something called "Ad-Blocking" in Norton. Duh.

It's been one of those days.

The good news is that now it's like a whole new Fauna with these spiffy banners and links.

Thanks fellas for your help.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:24 PM   #8
Cat_72
Hehehehehehe........

I thought I was the only one that had "blonde moments" like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!