Possible problem with a banner ad... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:52 AM   #1
Seamus Haley
Possible problem with a banner ad...

Noticed today as I am loading some pages, ads for Dove are popping up pretty frequently in the banner rotation below the menu bar. These are flash ads and, at least in my browser, they obscure the drop-down menus that usually appear over the banner ad space with quick-links or the basic text search box. I'll take and ad a couple screenshots to show what I am seeing here-

The ad is remaining "above" the fauna menus, making the search box unuseable from a page with the ad present and the center of the quick links list inaccessible.
Attached Images

Old 01-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Cat_72
I had the same problem with a different banner ad a month or 2 ago, Seamus.....everyone told me it was just me.

I have the same trouble with this one as well.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
If you use FireFox you can use AdBlock and get rid of them completely.

Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 AM   #4
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
If you use FireFox you can use AdBlock and get rid of them completely.
The R.I.P. extension works well too for these type of ads that intrude on the functionality of a site.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #5
starwarsdad
I guess my HOSTS file is blocking them.

Old 01-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley
Noticed today as I am loading some pages, ads for Dove are popping up pretty frequently in the banner rotation below the menu bar. These are flash ads and, at least in my browser, they obscure the drop-down menus that usually appear over the banner ad space with quick-links or the basic text search box. I'll take and ad a couple screenshots to show what I am seeing here-

The ad is remaining "above" the fauna menus, making the search box unuseable from a page with the ad present and the center of the quick links list inaccessible.
Yeah, I see what you mean. Fortunately Google gives me the option of blocking certain ads, so I blocked that one. If any other ones are noted that affect the use of the functionality of this site, please let me know and I will axe them as well.

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Cat_72
Thanks, Rich!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #8
Cat_72
That annoying Dove ad that blocks the search function is back, Rich........

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!