Neil Gubitz ( ok guy ) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2002, 07:58 PM   #1
Hues1
Neil Gubitz ( ok guy )

Quote:
Deleted - violation of unnecessary duplicate threads rule.

WebSlave

Old 11-19-2002, 08:03 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
Alex.... thanks, man.... I had no doubt that you'd love her!

I hate to say this, but.... now, we only have one small problem.... you should have put this post on the end of the other good guy thread of mine just below.... maybe the Webslave can transfer it over???

In any case.... thanks, Alex.... if you ever need anything else.... just scream!

....Neil

Old 11-19-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
EMERALDGUY33
Thumbs down DOUBLE STANDARD.....

Goobz-

Looks like you have one heck of a double standard going on there, brother. You jumped all over that guy for not posting his full name. On a simple inquiry where he was not required to at that.

Yet, this guy break the multiple topic/thread rule, and you are all friendly and lovey dovey to him. It says right there in black and white. This guy broke the rules and his post was deleted/edited. And your reply was:

Quote:
I hate to say this, but.... now, we only have one small problem.... you should have put this post on the end of the other good guy thread of mine just below.... maybe the Webslave can transfer it over???
Let me get this straight. I'm winging it now, as I never saw the deleted post. Correct me if I am wrong. This person, who it appears may have been a customer of yours or someone you refered, comes here and breaks the rules. And gets nothing but a totally friendly reminder of such. No ridiculing, no belittling, nothing. I don't get it, bro.

It just appears to me to be a double standard. I'm not trying to pick a fight or flame you. You know when I am doing such. I am merely offering my opinion. And we both know what those are like.

I can understand coming down on rule breakers. To a point. But if you do, it should be the same across the board. If its the first rule broken of a first time/new poster, why not give a friendly reminder to that person as well? No matter who it is. Then, if the person doesn't get the hint, or refuses to abide, let him/her have it.

I guess my point is, lighten up man! If you are going to take it ojn yourself to police the board, keep it real and keep it fair.

And have a nice night.

Old 11-19-2002, 08:57 PM   #4
Neil Gubitz
John.... you're funny, man.... are you actually saying that I told him about his mistake too NICELY??.... lmao
He's a PAYING CUSTOMER of mine!!.... Wouldn't YOU treat YOUR customers and friends a little differently than you would treat a stranger??? That's a rhetorical question, by the way.... of course you would.... that's exactly what I did.... I will ALWAYS treat my customers with much more respect that I would someone I don't know.... no matter how nice they probably are??? I hope you can understand that???

....Neil

Old 11-19-2002, 10:36 PM   #5
EMERALDGUY33
Thumbs down It is you that is funny...

Goobz-

Remind me again what you do for a living. Oh yeah! You sell reptiles. Which means the basis for your business' survival is customer service. Which, IMHO, means existing as well as potential customers.

Remind me again what the majority of folks who visit this site are interested in. In one facet or another. Oh yeah! Reptiles. Buying and/or selling reptiles.

How many folks that have visited this site, have become your customers due to visiting this site? Whether it be through a referral, good guy post, opinion based on your actions, whatever the case may be.

Think about it, Mr. Customer Service. How many new people here could have become your customers? Had you not ridiculed, belittled, or attacked them for a minor posting infraction.

Quote:
I will ALWAYS treat my customers with much more respect that I would someone I don't know....
Anybody could become your customer at any time. How you've come off in your posts before that person joined up is irrelevant. They can formulate their opinion of you regarding that at a later time. But how you come off in your first interaction with a new member is completely relevant. If you just show a little restraint and tact addressing them for the first few times, you just might add a few more customers to your existing customer base.

But hey, what the he!! does it matter anyways?! According to what you said above, you will only treat your "existing" customers with respect.

Old 11-19-2002, 10:48 PM   #6
EMERALDGUY33
Talking I'm done......

....on this one. I am in no hurry to follow in your footsteps, Goobz. And become the 2nd person banned from the BOI. When it is time to be banned, I want to go out with a bang. Not for something as piddly as this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!