Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:13 PM   #51
Joel R
Problem Solved!

Problem solved!!!!!

I called FedEx and they said they didn't charge the account & that my bank was with holding that amount as a processing fee????? FedEx said they will not charge the account until a shipment is made (only charging for shipments).
Sooo, I called the bank & they said FedEx always does this. lol It's just a credit card verification process. She said most companies only do a dollar, but FedEx does $10. She did not say why the do it 3 times though???
In any case,, Just call your credit card Co. & they will (or at least mine did) remove the charges. Yaaa!!!!

I hope this helps others who run into the same thing.
Later.
Joel Roberts

Old 02-24-2004, 12:16 PM   #52
SnakeIntheGrass
What is Going on Back East?

I live in washington state and I was wondering what the shipping deal is back east? I ship with fed-ex and UPS all the time with no contract or account. All my boxes are labeled clearly live harmless reptiles and I always put live harmless reptiles down for my description of goods as well. I have never had any trouble walking in and shipping. Someone was supposed to ship me a whitelip python but he was not allowed to ship from his ups or fedex stores back east. I was just wondering if their are different rules for different regions. Thomas Grass, Snake In the Grass Herpetoculture.

Old 02-24-2004, 12:33 PM   #53
Brian Oakley
I was thinking about this the other day.
I guess the best way to explain the diffeferences is this. FedEx does not ship animals, except zoo animals and horses, unless you go through the steps like I an others have done. It just depends on who (FedEx employees) are doing their job when it comes to accepting these boxes.

Not that I mind, but let's face it. I have spoke to so many departments in the cooperate offices (in the beginning of my quest) and got the same answer all the way around. I guess they just do not spread their 'policies' around and make sure that all people/employees know of such a policy of theirs.

Old 02-24-2004, 04:39 PM   #54
Double "D" Reptiles
$10 charges

Yep, used my PayPal debit card as 90% of our business is done online for the past year or 2, and saw the same charges. It took about a week for the "charges" to be reversed, but so far, so good.

I'm putting together all the info/paperwork for our test package (Thanks, Daniel) now and will be waiting anxiously for everything to clear. Then will proceed from there.

David

Old 02-24-2004, 04:55 PM   #55
Brian Oakley
I faxed over my paperwork (a little slow on the throttle, I am, lately) two days ago. I was told that this was all I had to do. THis way they have the apporval on record, in a file in their office (local sales rep.) and I am free to ship. I wasnot told that I had to sign any "waiver" or "contract".

Every time I speak to someone with FedEx, it is someone different. I have spread the word throughout that company like wildfire, regarding "US" as an industry and what they have to gain.

I also told them that I will be doing the same thing to other companies as I feel that we have been given the short end of the stick as far as our ability, or lack there of, to ship our 'product'. I have had nothing but support from everyone I speak with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver