Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #56
WebSlave
Well, I just got my contract faxed to me from FedEx, and there is a clause in there that is clearly unacceptable to me:
Quote:
J. Company acknowledges that all shipments tendered to FedEx under this Agreement are for Business to Business delivery only. No residential deliveries are allowed under this Agreement.
I specifically sent an annotated agreement to my rep identifying this as an issue in their standard contract that needs to be addressed. Sounds like yet another delay in the making.

Dammit.....

Old 02-24-2004, 08:59 PM   #57
Brian Oakley
Rich,
I had heard that before from them. I told them my concerns and went ahead and went through the process anyway.
One thing I do not understand is why you got a 'contract' shipped back and I was told just to fax my approval 'packet' to my sales rep and I was set to go (ship). You on the other hand received a 'contract'. Makes no sense and VERY inconsistant.......makes me wonder about the company as a whole if they can not all be on the same page.

This will put quite a damper on MANY shipments that go out from any type of breeder (delevered to a home/residence). I would disagree as well and I will raise HELL if it is brought up to me again.

Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #58
WebSlave
Some of the other wording in the contract needs to be modified as well. It states that I am authorized to ship "live reptile and amphibian larvae". I guess I have to confess here that I don't have a clue what reptile larvae actually are, much less intend to ship them anywhere.

I actually sent them a copy of the contract I got from Dan Wedeking with annotations made on the contract with things I had issues with that needed to be addressed in the contract I would sign.

So the fat lady hasn't sung yet, gents.

Old 02-25-2004, 06:06 PM   #59
SnakeIntheGrass
What is your definition of residential

When you ship the animal if you click the business button instead of the residential button when they ask you what type of address it is would that satisfy their needs? I often ship to peoples place of business when they cannot be home during the week to recieve shipments that may be an option. Larval reptiles huh maybe they put that in there to make it impossible to ship reptiles at all. I remember when I was a kid I got this kit where you send off for a tadpole and then you put it in some water in the little cage you buy and feed it their special food. Maybe that is what the provision is for to allow the tadpoles to be shipped to all those little kids who are going to kill them in a week anyway.

Thomas Grass
Petition signer number 799
Snake In the Grass Herpetoculture

Old 02-25-2004, 06:16 PM   #60
WebSlave
I am defining "business" to include home based businesses. After all, that's what I am myself, so it would certainly apply to the destination address as well. Since I am being offered an account, then that implies that they consider my home based business as a "business".

Since other sections of the contract refer to "Reptiles and Amphibians", I am interpretting that to mean "Reptiles, and Amphibians, including larvae".

BTW, I talked to James Brown on the phone today. Is anyone giving him any static? He sounds like a man who has had quite enough of dealing with the public. Go easy on these people, OK? We need them more than they need us at this point. So don't choke the goose because those golden eggs aren't as big as you would like them to be.

Let's get our foot in the door first. Ok?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver