Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 AM   #81
robnimm
FedEx Waiver

I just received my waiver. Did anyone happen to notice item J?
"Company acknowledges that all shipments tendered to FedEx under this agreement are for Business to Business delivery only. No resdential deliveries are allowed under this agreement."

Old 03-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #82
robnimm
FedEx again

Well I dug further back and found more info in here.

Old 03-22-2004, 10:45 AM   #83
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
I've not received my waiver yet (Very helpful man on the phone is not nearly as helpful in reality, said he would e-mail it last Thursday) I've been worried about that cluase though. What did you find out? The calling everyone a home based business thing, or is their something more I missed?
Thanks

Old 03-22-2004, 05:47 PM   #84
robnimm
I copied this previous post here

I copied this from previous post, any updates would be great. My local rep seems to think home based businesses are acceptable. I would be nice to have this clause removed.

"OK, I just got the signed contract faxed back to me a few minutes ago. I talked to Bill Zindell and mentioned about my belief that shipping to home based businesses would suffice for the letter of the contract, and he concurred. He feels, and James Brown verified this, that they want that assurance that someone will be available to accept the package upon delivery.

I am setting up my shipping schedule for Monday.

If anyone has not noted an earlier post by me in the other shipping thread, please note that the official word I have gotten is that because of the merger with DHL and Airborne, Airborne Express says they will no longer accept ANY live animal shipments. Don't get caught flat footed. Start your paperwork with FedEx NOW, if you haven't done so already.

And PLEASE, try to stress to your customers that if there are any snafus in this shipping process to NOT get into FedEx's face about it. The last thing we need is a few highstrung customers blowing this whole deal for us. You may even want to suggest that all contact with FedEx be through YOU so you can be a bit more diplomatic about the problem resolution."

Old 03-22-2004, 06:24 PM   #85
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Thanks Robert, Thats what I thought you were refering too, but I was hoping I had missed some update that could get that clause deleted. Oh well, hope springs eternal right?

For others~ If you don't get any responses this week on your paperwork, thats cuz James Brown is on vacation. My local Rep (he does seem to be a very nice and helpful guy) called me today to let me know I had not been forgotten, and my paperwork would go through as soon as Mr. Brown got back. I was glad he called me before I had to call him, I hate it when I have to play the pain in the rear to get something done.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver