Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:19 AM   #91
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Yes, thats it. Your getting an error from the link because the poster accidently included a comma at the end of the URL. If you remove the comma, it takes you to the fed-ex main page, and then you can link to that form you found on your own.

Good Luck!

Old 04-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #92
Nagah11979
I spoke with the rep at 1-800-GOFEDEX and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about according to shipping a test package, and when I told him I wanted to ship live harmless reptiles he thought I was out of my mind.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:10 PM   #93
dwedeking
Talk to his boss. Persistence is the name of the game.

Old 04-23-2004, 03:12 PM   #94
Winter
Well, I have my supplies ready for shipping (Thanks Scales), my paperwork for the test package all filled out and ready to go, and I have made the phone calls to try to find out if there is anything else I need to do beyond sending the package in.

One thing I have had problems with is that I can't seem to get in touch with anyone that knows anything about this waiver. I've talked to reps and their bosses, and almost every single person I catch on the phone is friendly, but certain that I must have imagined that Fed Ex would even consider shipping live/harmless reptiles.

Anyhow, I was just hoping to send the package in regardless, but I have also run into a wall with trying to figure out whether I am going to be charged or not to send out the test package. I have been told that I would not have to pay anything to have the package shipped to their test facility if I just walk the package in at the local hub and tell them I need it tested, but then I was also told by someone else that I would need to cover the costs of the services rendered. Which is the correct answer in your experiences?

Also, I noticed on the packaging services application that they ask you to describe what products you are shipping. Obviously the package would be put together different if I were shipping a baby Crested gecko, then if I were shipping an adult python. Do I need to ship more than one package showing the few variations in shipping set-ups (i.e. box size, bag versus deli cup, heat packs versus cold packs, etc.)?

While I am writing this, it is crossing my mind that these questions might have obvious answers, but I am worried about doing this the right way. Thanks in advance for any feedback that anyone can provide,

Lauren Rost

Old 04-24-2004, 09:38 AM   #95
dwedeking
Most people were getting Fedex to pick up the charges on having the box shipped to the fedex test facility. Some of us just picked up the charges without asking (DOH!!!).

I would put one deli cup in there with a post it note inside stating "This is a live harmless lizard" and then a snake bag with a post it note "This is a live harmless snake". You might want to include a short letter explaining this and why you did it. If you email me a fax number I'll fax you over a copy of our waiver and you can show that to the reps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver