Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:25 PM   #21
dwedeking
They give a 10% discount for using their automated online shipping system, other than that there is no discount, mostly just the ease of mind knowing that your shipping legitimately.

With all big companies, don't take the salesman's word on anything. Get it in writing. I've run into the same scenario a couple of times with larger companies like this. Called the rep's boss to find I've had smoke blown up my nether regions for months on end. I REALLY hate that.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #22
Brian Oakley
Correct, you are signing away your right of collecting for lost or damaged packages. How does this change from before? They never did that anyway!
I do not believe they discounted for late arrivals either like the USPS does.
You all have to understand that a lot of these policies were already in place when shipping with FedEx. It is not like they are punishing us because they are shipping snakes.

Even Delta who allows the shipment of reptiles, gives you the chance to buy insurance, still makes it VERY difficult to collect if the animal dies.
As far as the billing issue. I would be upset if I was told that as well. Like it was mentioned, you have to get everything in writing these days. Can't trust anyone.......hell, why do you think the BOI is here? LOL

Old 02-21-2004, 12:47 PM   #23
Brian Oakley
Sorry, I forgot to add this in response to Bob's question.

I did not put any holes in the box either. Those boxes are FAR from airtight. You would have to tape every edge/corner. Next to impossible to make a package airtight unless you are using a plastic box for shipping.

Old 02-21-2004, 12:49 PM   #24
Xtreme Reptiles
My statement was not about them covering animals that are DOA in transit but rather about any package they Lose or destroy, even if insured... If delta Looses your package and its insured you get paid... Fed ex on a normal basis gurantees the delivery time or your money back, that is what they will no longer do if you sighn the contract... And trust me there will a lot of lates... You do get better discounts depending on the amount of packages you send( I mean over $1,000 a week)

Alfredo Veloso

Old 02-21-2004, 01:03 PM   #25
Joel R
I do wonder why they are voiding us from a delivery time guarantee? Being a live animal would make it take longer to get there?

Just doesn't make sense to me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver