Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-21-2004, 01:05 PM   #26
Xtreme Reptiles
Of course it makes no sense... THeres no competition so they can do what they want... We need them cause there is no one else who will take snakes, so they do that in order to make more $$$$... But I already Have a letter from UPS that may change all of that

Alfredo Veloso

Old 02-21-2004, 01:14 PM   #27
Brian Oakley
SO if they cannot guarantee a delivery by "X" time, then they cannot do so with any package.
Maybe this is something we need to address with them.
I think they are more or less saying that delays happen. Being that we are shipping live animals, the delays can be harful to the snake, there for it COULD die or be hurt and they will not be responsible for that. Just like my shipment a couple weeks ago on Delta that missed it's connecting flight AND the next one after that........yet the original flight to the first city arrived on time. If they lose or destroy a package, most likely the end ersult IS a DOA....or at least a dead at this point.

I honestly think these cases will be few and far between. ALL shipping companies have been late (UPS, USPS, Airborne, FedEx, Delta, US Air, and so on). It is just, once a again, part of the gamble one takes when shipping live animals..........nothing more to say about it.

I hear what you are saying, don't get me wrong, but I think we are splitting hairs here. I am not siding with FedEx, but what other avenues do we have? You could go ship Airborne, you will get the same result..no live arrival guarantee, no reimbusment for DOA, etc. You could ship UPS...no live arrival guarantee, no reimbusment for DOA, etc. You could pick any company and the policies will be the same. Nothing has changed here folks. The only thing different is that there is ONE company that WILL ship or snakes, witht the same results and policies as those that will not ship them.

Old 02-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #28
Joel R
something missing...

If we are signing away any rights to payment adjustment for "Late delivery", or more so, "LOST" Now, not only are you out the $$ for the animal (as you would be with all the others) But now you also still have to pay the shipping??? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I'm getting from this.

That to me is not the same. With the others, or "the old way" at least you didn't have to pay them $50. to loose your stuff. lol

Joel Roberts

Old 02-21-2004, 02:06 PM   #29
Xtreme Reptiles
What I am saying is they gurantee every package to arrive by a certain time 10:30 am , 12 noon or 5 pm... If it is late you get a refund on shipping costs... Once you sighn this contract that will not be the case, which is not the way UPS or DHL do it

alfredo veloso

Old 02-21-2004, 02:09 PM   #30
Joel R
That is exactly what I thought I was hearing.

That is very scary to me. I dont' know what else to say. lol

Joel

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver