Bad Guy Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #51
juliasara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclosaura View Post
Upon seeing his second ad for a second Aldabra for sale to the first person to PayPal him the money I saw many red flags. Never really thought it to be real but decided since I can pay with my money protected I will give it a shot. So I sent the payment of 925 via credit card on PayPal. Anyone that uses PayPal or speaks with them knows when you pay like this the money is removed from the buyers account and held by PayPal until the product is sent. The seller will have access to the funds once the product is received and in good condition. I was immediately refunded the money and told to send "as a gift". Again, anyone that knows PayPal knows that this is the only way you can lose your money. Sending as a gift provides no buyer protection and the person can just run off with your money.

After speaking to PayPal they mentioned that he had opened up his PayPal account that day, which was funny to me because he said he sold an Aldabra a few days earlier via PayPal. The only picture he could provide was an old grainy one and said he would ship it in 10 days, to make sure it was healthy, again making no sense.

The only thing that made me really curious was to see he has been a member here since 2014. I will keep what I think of the situation to myself, just chose to share the facts from what had happened. I hope no one sent him those funds that he so desperately needed "as a gift"
When did this take place? And on what date did you speak with PayPal?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:49 PM   #52
Gastro3003
Nick don't you think he should've make contact with me to see if it was still available before he sent funds in the middle of the night! That is the bottom line here. In the morning when I saw it I am mediately refunded what I had in my account and told him he will get the rest in the next day or two. Then he went to PayPal and open the case. That is the entire thing

Old 05-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #53
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastro3003 View Post
Nick don't you think he should've make contact with me to see if it was still available before he sent funds in the middle of the night! That is the bottom line here. In the morning when I saw it I am mediately refunded what I had in my account and told him he will get the rest in the next day or two. Then he went to PayPal and open the case. That is the entire thing
I would want a person to make contact with me before I agree to accept their funds. I say something specifically about this in my terms in my ads.

Did you encourage people to do that, did you encourage payment as fast as possible in your ad, or did you employ some third option?

Old 05-24-2016, 03:55 PM   #54
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I would want a person to make contact with me before I agree to accept their funds. I say something specifically about this in my terms in my ads.

Did you encourage people to do that, did you encourage payment as fast as possible in your ad, or did you employ some third option?
More like semi-specifically, really. I have a bit of a gap.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:06 PM   #55
Gastro3003
No
I say paypal first gets it and put my email address IN THE AD to contact

I always post that way

Adam is an adult ..I hope...not a child...
He paypals ...and THEN later emails if still available at 11pm

Come on

I have nothing left to say

Let him drop case and he can get his 400 and change now

Best

Bobby

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Old 05-24-2016, 04:22 PM   #56
juliasara
The way that's worded it sounds like the first person to send the money to my PayPal get the animal. You may want to be more careful in the future about how you word things in your ads. I can see where he thought that sending the funds right away was what you wanted hI'm to do. Imo it's really not fair to put all the blame on him. Should he have contacted you first? Probably, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you worded your ad in such a way that it sounded like anyone who wanted the animal should immediately send the funds to insure they are the first to pay other wise they lose out. Have you called paypal and verified that he is claiming you owe the whole amount? Have you submitted proof to PayPal of the partial refund? The screen shot you posted doesn't show any details just what the original transaction amount was. I've disputed transactions and asked for partial refunds before and it didn't show up in that view but when I clicked on the transaction to see the details it showed I was only seeking a small portion of the original amount.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #57
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastro3003 View Post
Adam as I offered many times why don't you close your claim which will release my funds and I will pay you the difference.
NEVER close a Paypal claim until you have received ALL your money. Once closed, it cannot be reopened and the other party can tell you to go fly a kite.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #58
Gastro3003
I take half the blame !!!

But he should man up and take some too! He got his $500 immediately and he would've had the rest it another day or so.

And trust me Nick...,, from now on my for sale ads will say please do not send payment until you have confirmed that the item is still available. So I absolutely did learn from this!

Old 05-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #59
TortsRUs-ADAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
NEVER close a Paypal claim until you have received ALL your money. Once closed, it cannot be reopened and the other party can tell you to go fly a kite.

You are 100% right. In this case he was trying to get me to close the PayPal dispute, his excuse of asking me to close the case makes no sense at all.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:52 PM   #60
Gastro3003
BECAUSE U HAVE 927 of mine and my whole PayPal account locked up

At least let them know that they have the wrong amount

Anyway

Back to work

I think my position is clear

Now it's up to PayPal

This could have been so easy

Thanks for everyone's input

Best

Bob

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!