Bad Guy Gastro 3003 (PLEASE BUYERS BEWARE) !!! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2016, 11:58 PM   #81
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sainz View Post
Dr. Robert Brunner recently purchased a high end animal off me this past week and he paid me instantly on that transaction.

I have personally spoken with him over the phone a few times and he seemed like a reasonable guy.

I've been in contact with him since than and he has purchased another animal off me that I will be shipping out tomorrow.

I haven't had any issues with him so far, but I will keep everyone posted after this second deal is done.
Interesting that he can purchase animals, yet he couldn't refund a customer during the same time frame...

Old 05-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #82
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4sainz View Post
Dr. Robert Brunner recently purchased a high end animal off me this past week and he paid me instantly on that transaction.

I have personally spoken with him over the phone a few times and he seemed like a reasonable guy.

I've been in contact with him since than and he has purchased another animal off me that I will be shipping out tomorrow.

I haven't had any issues with him so far, but I will keep everyone posted after this second deal is done.

And I commend you for coming forward and speaking on bobs behalf, as always nice to get additional feedback

However I find it is rarely the good transactions that defines a persons standing in this business but rather HOW they handle the ones that go a little skewed that matter.
After all its not hard to be professional when all is rosy but ones true colours usually surface when the fan hits the proverbial.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:26 AM   #83
LauraB
With all due respect, Anthony, your very recent transactions with Brunner are hardly likely to be much consolation to Adam, who is still waiting for his refund, while Brunner is busy spending money he claims not to have (ya know, 5 kids, tuition).

Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #84
hhmoore
I don't have time to read this whole mess; so I may have missed something.
Buyer sends payment on the 17th.
The ad for said tortoise indicated that it was his brother's tortoise, who wants a quick "sell". The ad also stipulated gift or +3%. Further, it was stated that shipping would be that weekend (ad was placed on a Tuesday)

Oddly enough, Gastro3003 subsequently placed an ad for another of his brother's tortoises...rather than completing the existing transaction with this buyer.

There was a comment in that ad - by Cyclosaura - that he had paid for "this tortoise" and was sent a refund because it was not sent as a gift.
Gastro3003 stated that his payment had been on hold for 21 days...however there was no corresponding ad to match that time frame.

When contacted about selling for another person, he the explanation became that he and his partner were brothers.

So, my questions is, given that Gastro3003 and his brother are partners, and that "they" had had the tortoises for a few weeks, why did he not simply send the remaining tortoise to the OP of this thread, since he'd already been paid for it?

By the way Gastro3003 - why would you send the partial refund as a payment?

You do know that the gift or +% thing makes you a , right?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #85
Black Adder
Harald
I do believe the op WAS offered the other tort but refused it at the same price as it was reputedly smaller than the one he originally"bought"

Old 05-25-2016, 02:45 PM   #86
TortsRUs-ADAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Harald
I do believe the op WAS offered the other tort but refused it at the same price as it was reputedly smaller than the one he originally"bought"

Black Adder, I refused to wait 4-6 weeks for the other Aldabra that he claimed his brother had. He said his brother wanted to wait 4-6 more weeks prior to shipping because it would grow an extra inch in that time frame. They felt more comfortable shipping a tortoise with 1" extra of growth. By me waiting 4-6 weeks after paying for the tortoise this would have voided my PayPal claim! PayPal gives you buyers protection for 30 days from the event of the transaction.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #87
Gastro3003
He was. Many times. He also would have gotten his money had he not opened up the case. Why would I refund him now when he has The entire amount and my PayPal account completely frozen! Should I give him a $500 present on top of the 900 and change he is claiming with PayPal? Anyway I am done with my comments here. He was offered everything but his quick temper made him open up a PayPal claim for the entire amount lightning fast. I understand that he does not want to close the case now. He has to understand that I will not pay him back now sinceThe case is open for the entire amount!! Have a nice day guys

Old 05-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #88
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gastro3003 View Post
Why would I refund him now when he has The entire amount and my PayPal account completely frozen!
I would have thought that you would have taken a few minutes to read the Paypal TOS and understand what is going on. As others have pointed out, your charge that he was holding up the entire amount was baseless, Paypal is holding it.

One reason you should read the TOS is that a claim against you that is resolved by you, Paypal sees as no harm, no foul. On the other hand, a claim that escalates and that they have to decide and ultimately decide not in your favor, goes on your Paypal record and can have various consequences if you rack up a couple of them like that.
You could get on the phone and talk to Paypal and be proactive instead of trying to paint your buyer as a 'quick temper' when it was your tuition issue that complicated this into a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Interesting that he can purchase animals, yet he couldn't refund a customer during the same time frame...
That is interesting.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #89
Mistyck
Alright dude, let me try this again... (Doubt you'll read it AGAIN...but hey, what the heck, I like a challenge...)

Quote:
He was. Many times. He also would have gotten his money had he not opened up the case. Why would I refund him now when he has The entire amount and my PayPal account completely frozen! Should I give him a $500 present on top of the 900 and change he is claiming with PayPal? Anyway I am done with my comments here. He was offered everything but his quick temper made him open up a PayPal claim for the entire amount lightning fast. I understand that he does not want to close the case now. He has to understand that I will not pay him back now sinceThe case is open for the entire amount!! Have a nice day guys
Apparently your reading skills are just as lacking as your human interaction. Let me spell it out for you AGAIN! *breathe in....breathe out*

He does not have the money that is locked up by PAYPAL. PAYPAL has the money on lock and it will continue to be on lock until they determine an outcome in their case. HE can tell them all he wants that you gave him a partial refund and they will still keep the entire amount on lock because it was one transaction.

Here's the breakdown AGAIN as I posted before (but in bold now as that might help you to be able to read it):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Second, HE does not have $927 of YOUR money. PAYPAL has the account locked up and the money on hold. HE does not have ANY of the money that is on lock right now. PAYPAL put the whole amount on lock because it was a SINGLE transaction that took place, which was in the amount of $927. It does not matter if you "refunded" part of it back, (when in reality you paid him back using paypal's money service instead of any balance that was originally paid to you.) So it doesn't matter what he says to Paypal about the amount that is due; they will keep the entire amount on lock until things are decided and resolved in their case.

Once you understand that, then maybe you'll understand that YOU screwed up by not having the amount in your account to refund someone. Your "customer" has every right to open a claim on you after you say that you don't have what you advertised, and when you asked them to "wait" on a refund. If you can't handle that, then maybe you shouldn't have in your ads that the first one who sends money gets dibs.

As for your comment of "This could have been so easy..." You're right; it could have been. Had you not acted like a self-righteous person to the "customer" and to everyone on this forum...It could have been SOOOO much easier.
You're awful dense for being a smart person. Learn to read and follow what has been said. I have explained it twice now, and others have tried to explain things to you as well. You're being beyond dense and so right-fighting that you can't see past the end of your nose. Read what is written or hell, better yet, call paypal and they will tell you the same thing that I have already written here twice. But then you'll still gripe because your account is in the negative, and say that it has nothing to do with you and your crappy communication.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:09 PM   #90
KyleB
Quote:
I had to do a partial refund on an ebay item I sold that was damaged during shipping. When all the claims showed up it listed the full amount but when it came to process it, only the amount I selected to refund was withdrawn. It even said the full amount was refunded but when I checked my paypal records only the partial refund was withdrawn.

You have the option on paypal to choose how much to refund, they hold the entire amount in case you choose to refund the entire amount, if you choose to ignore it, paypal will make the decision for you regardless of your opinion of the situation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!