Bad Guy David Charity or Charity David? Spiderfox84 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
justatwinturbo
David Charity or Charity David? Spiderfox84

The paypal name shows Charity David, not sure which is correct..His handle here is Spiderfox84. Let me start off with saying, I purchased 2 Gulf coast box turtles from this seller, and all went pretty smooth with that transaction. Other than questionable shipping methods, using usps express, non insulated box, not a whole lot of package material to keep them from bouncing around, etc. Here is the link to one of the turtles I bought. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=389615

Now to the bad part. The seller contacted me about some really high end eastern box turtles, after the above transaction was made. I asked for pics, and they were exactly as described....amazing. We got into details about cost and what not, we eventually agreed on 20 pairs of eastern box turtles, all of them supposedly very nice looking. I sent $1200 on april 14th, and $500 more the same day for a friend. After sending payment, he made mention that it is not legal for him to send them. I will admit, I dont know all the laws, but I did ask to be refunded because I do not want to break any of them. He then said, he could ship them from SC instead of VA. I said (which I believe is correct, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that it would still be a violation of the legacy act. He then stated, he lives in SC, his girlfriend lives in VA, and it is legal for him to send 20 eastern box turtles, per person, per year. Either his stories changed constantly, or I am easily confused, either way I took his word for it and continued trying to find a way to make it a legal transaction. I called F&W, and they told me it's 10 per person. He said he would send me 10, and his girlfriend would send 10, and he would refund the rest. He then said that he called, and they told him 20 per person. A few times he was supposed to ship, and kept making excuses. eventually, that turned to no responses. Something that seems oh so familiar. I have filed claims on paypal, hoping for the best. I will be posting screen shots soon, and have made him aware that I was making this thread. I will text him the link shortly.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
justatwinturbo

Old 04-30-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
justatwinturbo
currently having issues with photobucket, will update with screen shots in a bit

Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
justatwinturbo

Old 04-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
justatwinturbo

Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
justatwinturbo

Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #7
aSnakeLovinBabe
I honestly had no idea people did this. Good luck...!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #8
hhmoore
1) On the BOI, images should be posted as attachments.
2) spiderfox84 is registered to Kate Hamby in Norfolk, VA...finding yourself dealing with another person, in another place, should have been your first red flag. (THINK!)
3) With all the back and forth about legalities, and how to beat the system, it seems you were too caught up in the deal you were getting. You recognized the problem, and started to bail, but got sucked back in as soon as you were fed another line.
4) Having limits on PayPal transactions is generally an indication of an unverified account. (THINK!)
5) It's Lacey Act, not legacy.
6) When paying with PayPal, use a credit card. That way, if PayPal doesn't refund (and I've been seeing more frequent claims about them not doing so in animal related transactions), you have recourse.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
justatwinturbo
Yes, Lacey act. That was my mistake. Kate is supposed to be his girlfriend. By the time I figured that out, I was already into it. The other pictures he emailed me, came from spiderfox84@hotmail.com and the number I've been texting is the same as the gulf coasts I bought. They came fine. After making this thread, I got a text saying he dropped his phone in water, and just got a new one. He said Kate was supposed to have shipped on Tuesday, and I should have received them yesterday. Nothing came. Hopefully Paypal makes this easy, and I don't have to involve any authorities.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
hhmoore
I sent him/her a link to this thread.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!