Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
Lucille
The buyer says in the ad that he paid in May 2013. I know zilch about the exporting biz but here Kevin says he could get the export set up by next week.
If Eric is having health issues I wish for him the best and hope all goes well. I am not and would not inquire into the private health issues of another.

Until more proof/details are provided it is difficult to make an assessment of what has transpired. If the buyer did indeed pay for these critters almost a year ago and wants a refund, I think that a refund is appropriate.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #22
Lucille
Trader Rating: (4) [Rate This User!]
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 04-16-2014 02:47 AM
Visitor MessagesAbout MeStatisticsFriendsContact Info
About EricIvins
FULL NAME
Eric Ivins
City and State
Palm Bay, Fl.
Where did you hear about FaunaClassifieds?
?
Signature
South Central Herpetologicals Facebook Page

http://www.southcentralherpetological.com

Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #23
Axeman79
I had problems with Eric too, at the emd of 2012
At the end a d after 6 months we fixed it, but I lost
Around 100$.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #24
Snake-Queen
I had a successful transaction with Eric a yr or so ago.

I wish the OP would post more info, as his opening statement is lacking in details. As of yet, I am making no assumptions on who is in the right or wrong (not enough info to do so) & I will not make any assumptions due to my having a good transaction with Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #25
misthold
For a official record...It was a small domestic order .. Just three pigmy chams, So I am sure not a big priority in some ways.. a vendor that handles the number and volume of orders and has bigger shipments, it would be very easy to have one small one slip.. I have personally been trying to give the a vendor some time, work things out, benefit of doubt.. .. but also not so comfortable at this point or know yet is something going on? others having issues?.. yes I have a pending order.. some similar claims, at least on the no receipt of animals paid for yet.. I have a bit of interest and would like to see how this works out..
that said..
I am waiting on a order too.. only been about a month, since payment,, I have not gotten any response back since the 8th, Still waiting.. Up to this point I was at least getting a response to e-mails I sent, not specific reasons just a response did not, and another date, not really good reasons but ok still open communications.. big difference this time, is no communication no response this time.. not to my e-mail, and no response to a chargeback request and nope no response when I posted on the FB page.. .. so find that odd.. Now I am really worried..

For the record.. MY official charge back request I have sent has TILL the 18th, for the vendor to respond... they have not.. AS OF THIS MOMENT.. I do not have a claim of fraud like this post.. as it is pending.. and within the timeline set for this, so No claims of insufficient funds etc.. as this poster, so no comments on that aspect..
I am NOT as of this post making any claims public or "implied" that my money has been taken, I am trying to work the issue of poor communication, lack of shipping and delays.. I really want to resolve this for my case... but hitting a wall with lack of response or answers either way..
So I am interested, as failure to ship and delays IS something I also have been experiencing with this company.. Also something on their OWN FB page has been said over and over again. proof of fraud? no but the claims of not shipping is a valid issue.. my experience the op and even SCH admits to it.. repeatedly since may 2013 on their own FB page..

Asking for some sort of response would be nice.. and not all unreasonable now that someone posted a BOI bad guy thread they comment on..

Old 04-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #26
Snake-Queen
Amanda, your order should have been received by now. My order (2012 I believe) was shipped promptly & it was a small order, 2 dozen or so frogs.

If a business is unable to ship, due to health, lack of product, etc ... the customer should be refunded promptly. The lack of communication is also disturbing.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #27
opeters
I paid Eric Ivins just under $3,000 by international wire transfer to export the following order to me:
Emydura Australis - $400 - 2x - $800
Translucent Red Ear - $300
Caramel Albino Red Ear - $400
Clown Eastern Painted - $600

Export Fees ( Freight/Brokerage/Inspection etc) - $800

After several months of excuses, unresponsivesness etc, I decided to be a bit more proactive and try and solve the export problem myself. I was referred to Kevin Luzzi of WWPS by another contact I found through faunaclassified.
I discussed the problem with Kevin (who has had previous dealings with Eric) and instructed Eric in November 2013 to conduct the export through WWPS.
Eric refused and stated that he will use his own broker and he is just waiting for the next available flight date.
It is obviously clear to me that he doesn’t have a clue how to export, doesn’t want to use a credible exporter and has no intention of sending me turtles.
So I then requested the funds back and his bank responded with a swift message stating that there are insufficient funds in his account to process the refund.
I then posted my first message on faunaclassified as repasted above, to encourage him to do the right thing to which he then responded by saying his broker had a date of April 9th to send out the turtles.
April 9th has come and gone and I have still not heard from Eric.
I think everyone can agree I have been more than patient and understanding considering this situation as it has almost been a year since he received funds from with nothing to show for it.
My reason for this post is just to alert others to my experience and prevent them from going through a similar experience.
The next step now is clearly legal action.

Old 04-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #28
Lucille
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: 04-16-2014 08:35 AM

Eric you must be keeping up with this thread, why aren't you saying anything?

Old 04-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #29
BLUAZUL1
Eric Ivins of SCH have purchase torts from him on several occasions and he has always been on the up and up. Good torts good service really nice person.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #30
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Send Message User Lists

Last Activity: 04-16-2014 08:35 AM

Eric you must be keeping up with this thread, why aren't you saying anything?

I am also curious as to why Eric has not responded.

A few questions, Eric.
Why would you not use the exporter that Oge found?
It is obvious that you don't have the funds to return, do you have the animals to ship?
The funds should never have been spent, until the animals reached their destination & the customer was happy. Spending before then is bad business.
What about the other customer? There is no export issues there.

This is starting to feel VERY familiar ...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!