Bad Guy Scammer Lance Allen (Lance.Allen423) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #1
Magical Geckos
Scammer Lance Allen (Lance.Allen423)

Okay I posted some snakes for sale.
He messages me wanting me to trade...
he has all high end stuff and only been on Fauna for a month.
he sends pics. and I do a simple google image search.

pics are from different members on hoobly. from different parts of the country.

Be warned.

** he has been notified

email replies

me-
So you live in ohio and you live in Georgia and you live in Tennessee?

2014-03-26 14:59 GMT-04:00 Lance <Lance.Allen.423@gmx.com>:
Lance 5:09 PM (6 minutes ago)

How would I be scamming you f***ing retard if I would ship first idiot I don't have pics on me while I'm at work I gave you exact weights just used other pics srry didn't know it was a crime my crystal was pics I took dumb f*ck
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #2
Magical Geckos
here all the emails i got each contains a stolen photo from the internet.
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #3
Magical Geckos
Lance

5:27 PM (6 minutes ago)

to me
Not tryin to sale the ones in pic like I said I didn't have pics on my phone I know how to google image something so I'd have to be a complete moron to think other people wouldn't so get your facts straight I wasn't trying to sale snakes that didn't belong to me at the time I didn't have pics on me those were used as references why wud I send exact weights of my shit if I was scamming think about it use your brain
Magical Geckos magicalgeckos@gmail.com

5:32 PM (1 minute ago)

to Lance
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=464858
Magical Geckos magicalgeckos@gmail.com

5:33 PM (0 minutes ago)

to Lance
I asked you for pictures of the snakes, i did not ask you for what the snakes look like.
why would you even bother sending me photos of someone elses snakes?
they do no good what so ever.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Ed Clark
This guy offered to ship to you first, how do you come up with he is scamming you?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im faster View Post
Lance 5:09 PM (6 minutes ago)
srry didn't know it was a crime
Some financially motivated infringement of copyrighted material is in fact a crime.

Dennis
I think for most sellers, if they did not have pictures with them of snakes that were to be part of a transaction, they would wait until they got home.
I'm thinking he did not get permission to use those photos that were not his for commercial purpose.
I think your warning is valid as a heads up, the snakes were at the very least misrepresented.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:27 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Dennis, when you discovered the pics were not his his answer to you would have said alot about him and his intentions. if he shipped to you first all you would have to have done was open the box, looks things over and if you did not like what he sent...return it. but the fact he offered to ship first leads me to believe he is on the up and up. there can be many reasons for him not being able to take pics of his own.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Some financially motivated infringement of copyrighted material is in fact a crime.
Please be more specific. are you saying this guy has commited a crime by using someone elses pics?

Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
rcarichter
Using the photos was wrong. He may have the snakes, but it's safe to assume he doesn't actually live in 3 different states. Everything else aside, his response makes him an immediate 'do not deal with'. There is simply no way to defend that behavior.

Noelle

Old 03-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #9
aSnakeLovinBabe
How in the heck is it acceptable to not take your own photos of your own animals in this day and age? If you can afford all of those animals, you can afford at LEAST a cell phone or a point and shoot camera, or SOMETHING that is capable of taking a picture. If not, surely you know somebody that does! If he really just didn't have any pictures on him, he could have simply said, "I am not at home and I don't have pictures on me, but I'll get some for you when I get home". Something is fishy.

He googled photos that were not his and sent them as if they were photos of the snakes he has, whether he even has snakes or not, we don't know. He never even mentioned anything like "these are just what they look like, not actual pics of the snakes". If that isn't shady as hell, I don't know what is. Who cares if he offers to ship first? It's plain weird that he used random photos offline and did not disclose it at all. Even if he has snakes of the same morph and sex, it's not ethical to send photos of a different animal than the one you would be sending out. Especially without disclosing that at all. The lack of disclosure screams that something is seriously off here.

In this day and age, if you are trying to sell your reptiles online, you need to be able to provide photos of them. It's not rocket science... pretty much every cell phone comes equipped with some sort of camera, and if you are in the minority of people that don't use a phone, a compact point and shoot can be had these days for a fraction of the cost of ONE of those snakes. Worst case scenario, borrow someone else's. One thing that never ceases to amaze me is people who spend $$$$$$$$$ on snakes and then can't provide even one half decent somewhat clear photo of the $300+ animals. You do not need to have any photography skills to take a basic stock picture with a cheap camera nowadays... the camera will do the work for you as long as you are capable of providing light and holding it still for 3 seconds.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
Magical Geckos
He never mentioned shipping first until I called him out on the pics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!