Bad Guy Josh@Outbackreps - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
bradleymoore
it would be nice to see the pictures, as the links don't work.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #12
spoonersgirl
FYI ~ I have bought 4 different snakes from Josh and have had excellent service. My bf talked to him over the phone a few times and both of us have emailed. The customer service from Josh was awesome; he was very friendly & knowledgeable. Our snakes were exactly as described and we love them. We will do business with him again in the future.

I'm sorry you had a different experience but from reading your emails you are in the wrong not Josh. Always read the policies on sales & refunds from anyone you do business with first, before you buy. If you don't agree with their policies, don't buy from them. With any business there will be some sort of complication that arises from time to time, that doesn't make them an automatic crook and it is wrong to assume it was on purpose.

You want to keep the snake, so why should he refund your money? He has obviously tried to correct this and please you but it looks like you aren't willing to cooperate. It's nothing personal, just business.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
Josh@Outbackreps
They asked for the price difference of what we sold males with a noticiple kink for.
They are also using it as a breeder animal...
Our policy is store credit or a full refund. We do not give partial refunds as it is company policy.
This also protects us as a company from people buying an animal and getting a partial refund and then doing a chargeback on their account...

Old 05-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #14
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
You picked up the animal in person, why wouldn't you have asked about the "issue" or called them the day you got it? Why wait until 2 weeks later?

I can only caution people against going and purchasing an animal when they don't have a genuinely good idea about what a perfectly healthy specimen of it looks likes.
I bought it off of kingsnake from him. I didn't know what the defect was. As I stated over and over we thought it was a weight issue.

Quote:
I can only caution people against going and purchasing an animal when they don't have a genuinely good idea about what a perfectly healthy specimen of it looks likes.
How do you learn these thing without jumping into it? I have seen kinks on ralph davis videos as big knotts on caramel albinos. You have to crawl before you can walk! From his photos and description is was perfect!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by -C@jun- View Post

Well when we got her it seemed she had this sideways bone sticking out on the vent on either side. Seeing I'm new to owning herps as of May bought my first I didn't know what this was.
If it is some genetic defect that is one thing. Maybe a trip to the vet to see what is going on. But what if the buyer is describing spurs? A picture would be good, buyer, can you post a pic?

Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #16
-C@jun-
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonersgirl View Post

I'm sorry you had a different experience but from reading your emails you are in the wrong not Josh. Always read the policies on sales & refunds from anyone you do business with first, before you buy. If you don't agree with their policies, don't buy from them. With any business there will be some sort of complication that arises from time to time, that doesn't make them an automatic crook and it is wrong to assume it was on purpose.

You want to keep the snake, so why should he refund your money? He has obviously tried to correct this and please you but it looks like you aren't willing to cooperate. It's nothing personal, just business.

That's just my opinion for what it's worth.
What TOS they sell off of here and kingsnake. There website is a joke! Nothing!

Old 05-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #17
cinderbird
Quote:
I bought it off of kingsnake from him. I didn't know what the defect was. As I stated over and over we thought it was a weight issue.

How do you learn these thing without jumping into it? I have seen kinks on ralph davis videos as big knotts on caramel albinos. You have to crawl before you can walk! From his photos and description is was perfect!
I apologize, i thought you purchased the animal from a show in LA (not sure where i got that from, my brain is a bit fried right now).

When i'm looking to get into another species, i research. A lot. Sometimes for years. I read everything I can get my hands on, I talk to people that breed them and own them, I see their animals for myself and talk to them. I suppose I'm a lot more through than most, but it's never served me wrong. If its not a species I'm familiar with, I grab the breeders number. If they aren't willing to give me a business, home or cell I call the sale off. I know myself, I will not call over small things I can fix myself but if i have a big concern or question I want to be able to get in contact with that breeder/supplier/etc.

Kinks in ball pythons can vary A LOT. I have an animal with a kink, she was my first snake. I'll breed her because I know where that kink came from -- I accidently shut the very tip of her tail in her cage lid the first week I got her. I know for a fact its not genetic and its not even noticeable anymore, but I know its there.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
-C@jun-

It was worst when we got her. It's been 2 feedings and she is filling out. You have to feel for it. In the pic I have her tail bent and you can see the white dot were it is poking her scales

Old 05-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #19
bradleymoore
i see the dot... but it's hard to determine considering that pic is blurry.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #20
spoonersgirl
Quote:
What TOS they sell off of here and kingsnake. There website is a joke! Nothing!

IMHO, A responsible buyer will ask for policies if they don't see them posted... I never assume someone will give me anything, unless I see it in writing first. And it's never a good idea to make accusations and/or insult anyone you're wanting money or some other favor from. You get more bees with honey than vinegar, as the saying goes....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!