pay pal send money as friends and family? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
mhenry
pay pal send money as friends and family?

Seller asked to send money through pay pal as friends and family not goods and services? Anyone have experience with this. Pros cons...etc

Matthew

Old 06-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Lucille
As far as I'm concerned, you are stealing from Paypal if you make a gift payment (friends and family) and it is not actually a gift. Paypal makes their money and pays their employees by those fees, so such actions are not victimless.
Also, you put yourself at risk if you do so and something goes wrong with the transaction, because such transfers are not subject to Paypal Buyer Protection (You cannot open a case in Paypal against the other party if, for instance, they do not send you anything).

Old 06-12-2015, 06:33 PM   #3
mhenry
Got ya. That was what I was thinking. Havent bought off Fauna classifieds in a long time...so I was just curious.

Thanks, Matthew

Old 06-12-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
Helenthereef
Seems to crop up a lot in BOI threads where things go wrong - probably should be a red flag.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
mhenry
I replied that I would prefer to send to money as goods and services. Seller was ok with it so shouldn't be a problem. Thank you all for your responses!

Matthew

Old 06-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
Helenthereef
let us know how it goes.... hopefully all is above board

Old 06-13-2015, 08:32 PM   #7
Densen
Also they get a small fee i believe, so they probably wanted to avoid that. But i think that comes with the responsibilities of being a breeder and selling

Old 06-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #8
Karma Kritters
I'm curious. I send money to a friend of mine on a regular basis as friends and family and it always charges me on my end. I would never use it to but something as it gives up any recourse you may have had. I'm just not sure about it being stealing from PayPal as they always get their money when I deal with them.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #9
Lucille
Samuel, are you sending the money from your bank account or balance?
I send money to my sons from time to time, I am never charged a fee.

Old 06-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #10
Beyond GenetiX
I will not send money friends and family, if it is a big deal I will just pay the 3% on top of what I'm sending. I have asked one person to send me money friends and family, I was not in a good situation and couldn't risk it. I payed the fees to PayPal associated with that transaction. I choose to use PayPal and don't mind paying for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!