Box of reptiles as a checked bag? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:31 PM   #11
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzoo View Post
Nowhere did I say anything about sneaking them in or doing this without approval? Did I miss something?
No, Jon I'm sure you wouldn't do that. I just recalled some past headlines of some people who did, and thought the story I linked was interesting. I don't think you would do that at all.

Old 01-28-2016, 04:32 PM   #12
AbsoluteApril
Good! We're just advising you against it in case it crossed your mind.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #13
Helenthereef
Why not call an airline and ask if they can be taken on as "Accompanied Baggage" as long as properly packed? Then it would be the same as if shipped, but you would be there at embarkation and disembarkation.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #14
snakesareawesome
Personally I'd just fedex them. It's not worth the headaches and regardless of what they tell you, the idiot you're dealing with at the actual airport may or may not have the same understanding of the rules which could lead to further delays. At the very least, I would want to get something in writing.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 PM   #15
MrTPlush
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz_Sxh4526w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXyiwQkQ8Jo

Umm no...just no. They Destroy luggage, throw it like toys, and millions of bags are lost each year. It is just not a good idea.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #16
CwnAnnwn
I know it is a little late, but...

If you are reading this, call the airline. Tell them the truth, what you are carrying, where are going from and to.

Some of the time, they will allow you to carry on in the cabin. If not, they will allow you to check it in. You will need to drop off the package 4 hours before your fight leaves. You will have to follow all the guidelines.

If you are not allowed to carry them on the plane, they will be able to ship them as freight.

All of this will be more expensive then just shipping them over night with ship your reptiles or what ever service you prefer.

I know this because in college I had some biologist try it. Some of the time they where handed the package in cabin. Most of the time they where force to ship it as freight.

All the time, it was easier. cheaper, and faster to ship it with a service like reptile express or shipyourreptile.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!