Info Keven Vogenberger, Keven2, questionable stock - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #1
Lucille
Keven Vogenberger, Keven2, questionable stock

I will leave it to the chameleon experts to positively identify this critter, but aside from the identification issue, to me it does not look healthy.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=652131
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=647481

Old 04-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #2
AndyUltimateReptiles
That's a veiled with mbd...Perhaps the bones have hardened back up, but it looks like it was calcium deficient at some point given the spine and legs.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #3
Ed Clark
Kevin 2 says.

We have a beautiful chameleon that I'm not sure what kind it is available for 69.99 plus shipping. It's not a veil. He is eating great and is super healthy.

Keven, FYI... it is a veiled and it does not look super healthy as you say in your ad. it looks like a WC Florida veiled that needs to see a good herp vet.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven2 View Post
I'm pretty sure he's a helmeted chameleon
No, not even close...

Old 04-11-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
Snake-Queen
I am not a chameleon expert, but I can see that is a veiled with mbd and other possible issues.

First picture I've circled the mbd that is obvious to me.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keven2 View Post
He has had a fecal and look at by my vet and the vet said he is healthy as can be.
Please post the vet paperwork.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #7
James L
Not a WC. Wild animals won't get MBD. Especially in FL. If it is, it was collected as a baby or juvenile and cared for poorly as it grew. Those are the signs of CB who experienced poor care throughout its life.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:15 PM   #8
Keven2
I sold the veil to a guy off of here that actually lives close to me for 15 dollars and I let him take it to his vet and yes the veil had some issues in the past but like his vet told him it's an old chameleon. Yes he said it is a veil. I in no way was trying to mislead anybody. In my eyes he is still a very beautiful animal. His vet stated that it was poorly cared for in the past but him being kept outside by me and feeding him dusted crickets and natural sunlight has slowed down or may have even stopped the progression of mbd. I paid 100.00 for the Cham and was not looking to make money off of him only to find him a good home. It's my mistake if I did not write the add accordingly. I am not set up for a lot of chameleons so I need the space for a panther chameleon that is in such bad shape it will definitely die if I didn't get him in an enclosure and to a vet. He was just left to roam the people's house thatvi got him from with no heat. You can check my adds I have never even offered an animal like this chameleon before. Any way I guess this is how people treat one another around here. I had already statesd that I took the add down and people persisted to keep the subject going. So if you'd like to hear I was wrong that is no problem. It was wrong for me to post the add I posted I should have worded it differently. The guy that bought it does not want his name thrown out here and I don't blame him. Believe me this will not happen again. I truly hope all off You have a blessed day!

Old 04-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #9
Lucille
Keven, please post the vet papers. Until you do, I do not believe that you ever took him to a vet.
The problem was not simply that you misled people. You actively put them down when they posted what they thought. Here, from your ad:

You have no idea what you are talking about! It is not a veil look how small his crest is and he definitely dies not have mbd. You obviously don't know what mbd looks like im chameleons. If you don't like the way he looks don't buy him. I have had him for 6 months he came to me looking like this. He may not be the prettiest Cham in the world but he isn't sick!

Old 04-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #10
Keven2
I have since sold the chameleon for 15.00 he took it to his vet and he stated it is a veil and it has mbd but the progression has stopped. I was told by my vet some different things and it turns out we just have a very bad herp vet here. Yes i should have worded the add different knowing what I know now. He is still a beautiful animal in my eyes as is all Gods creatures. I know how the veil looks but he really does not let it affect his eating and all around actions. So yes I guess from my add it comes off like he is a super healthy veil. The second vet said he is very old also and probably was not treated good in the past which I can attest to since they had him kept in a 5 gallon tank. Anyway you are 100 percent correct and I am 100 percent in the wrong but have learned from this mistake. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I truly hope you have a blessed day!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!